Real World or Disney World — my difficult choice

If I was at Disney and my wife was in the hospital having our baby, I’d probably check my phone occasionally. :rofl:

7 Likes

Well - I have gone to bed before sports games have finished for the exact reason.
But I do think it’s a bit different if you are excited to watch an individual’s playing and you might not see it on footage reels.

But why? Would it alter the outcome? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It would alter my outcome, yes

7 Likes

Good point. Wise man. :slight_smile: (As opposed to wise guy, which is probably also apt!)

Maybe the first landing of a human being on Mars.

The only problem with that is, by the time you watch it live, it is already just a re-run. By about 3 to 23 minutes, depending.

So is everything. In fact, we don’t even know what reality is, so this whole thread is somewhat moot. You’re just a collection of quantum states that, at this moment, happen to be perceived by my mind.

Whatever that is.:wink:

3 Likes

Using my best Ted voice (aka Keanu Reeves): Whoa!

1 Like

I might have had too much coffee this morning.

1 Like

If looking makes you happy you should look. But if you don’t look it will all be there later.

1 Like

NOT at all.

The weather (major ice storm across our route home) has caught us unawares.

OR: what real world ?!?!! Isn’t WDW the real world ?

If you are comparing it to checking sports scores on a phone, then I agree with you. But, watching sports on TV is not a good comparison because many people enjoy watching the skill of the players involved in the game (rather than just the score). I watch many sports games in which I don’t care who wins…I watch to see the talented athletes perform.

2 Likes

Watching election returns to a political junkie (like myself) is almost exactly like watching sports to a sports fan. All of the following are key to the adrenaline rush:

• Waiting for polling stations to close
  • Combing the internet for leaked exit polling in the meantime
  • Watching the ballot tabulations rise
  • Seeing one candidate overtake another and then be overtaken again
  • Hear pundits make brilliant and/or ridiculous deductions based on the preliminary results
  • Reacting to unexpected outcomes
  • Listening to concession / victory speeches and detecting any sign of insanity or diabolism
  • Laying your head on your pillow after a long night, knowing the results - for better or worse

The result itself is ancillary.

2 Likes

… that’s a bit of a leap! There are long lasting effects! LOL

you make a good case for the rest of it, but I’m afraid it is nothing but noise to me.
I think sports are best enjoyed without commentary. Same with my politics.

3 Likes

Just trying my hand at being facetious. :wink: Although there is some truth that the enjoyment of watching election returns (not necessarily politics in general) is not always dependent on who wins. It’s the minute-by-minute fluctuations that make it exciting.

But yeah, if your preferred candidate / party loses, it’s a bit of a downer. And the future of the country and all that …

:joy::laughing::grin::joy:

1 Like

I might challenge myself to see how long it takes to find out the results without trying at all. Just by overhearing or seeing something about it.

Not politics, but the Spurs were in the finals when I was in Disney in 2014. We planned our day/evening on making sure we were in a place where we could watch the game. We ended up at Spltisville and watched the game and had so much fun! Yeah, it was “real world” while in Disney, but now when we think about the Spurs wining the finals in 2014, we always remember we were in Disney when we saw one of the games. It’s a good memory. Different if they would have lost? Maybe, but still a fun/memorable moment.

1 Like

What did you end up doing?