Re-opening Date?

I saw on the Disneyland site that the hotels (DL Hotel, Paradise Pier, Grand Californian) are taking reservations starting 4/19. I was a little taken aback as I’ve been expecting the closure to last longer than that. Does anyone really think they will reopen that soon?

1 Like

Not only so, but they are offering a discount starting April 19. It may be wishful thinking…but there are some rumors that the State of California itself wants Disney to reopen. They are losing a lot of money as well due to the closures and would like to see things return to normal sooner than later.

Of course, don’t we all?

4 Likes

Wow, that is really surprising given all of the stay home orders. I wonder if it will be at some type of reduced capacity to encourage physical distancing or business as usual

1 Like

My son’s girlfriend made fast passes for memorial day weekend.

I really don’t think think it will open that soon, but everything I thought was going happen/not going to happen has been wrong to date (about this virus) . So yes, it will probably open on that date :joy:!

1 Like

Disneyland re-opening is my beacon of light in these crazy times! We had planned a trip in mid April which is off, but we have the tickets and I keep telling myself as soon as it re-opens we’ll get ourselves down there. But I do think April 19 is pushing it. We’ll see!

3 Likes

I was supposed to go April 8-10. The glimmer of light for me is that they are extending my AP for the duration of the closure.

I just got WDW crowd level updates for the last week of April

I really feel this is irresponsible if they are planning to reopen so soon. Who knows if they will be allowed to with the government orders on lock downs/shelter in place anyway

1 Like

The key is to make your way onto Disney property when the government makes a “shelter in place” order.

I mean, what can you do? You’re forced to shelter at Disney! :smiley:

5 Likes

I would like this.

But, well… you know

Good thinking though

3 Likes

I have no insight into whether the April 19th opening date is legit. But I hope they figure out a way to open Disneyland back up with reasonable sanitation and social distancing measures, including elimination of parades and shows.

Don’t read too much into that - as explained in this blog post, they are just starting to do a rolling update assuming the presumed opening date based on what Disney has announced. They will keep pushing it back until the parks officially open.

3 Likes

If I remember right, you’re not the biggest fan of parades, etc? I would be happy to see them reopen under any circumstances, but I was sure looking forward to the new parade!

1 Like

Yeah I can do with or without parades. But the new one looked fun! Oh, well. I’d rather have the parks with no parades than no park at all. But the point could be moot if they don’t reopen any time soon.

1 Like

Just saw an article that Orange. County is issuing a stay at home order through April 8.

1 Like