RD Space Mountain or 7DMT?

We have 2 days at MK. One is a Tues 10/6, which is also the day we’re going to the party. The other is Sat 10/10. My plan is to do Tomorrowland and Fantasyland one of the days and Adventureland, Frontierland and Liberty Square on the other. We will probably do a bit of jumping for our family favorites (i.e. HM and Spl. Mt both days). I need advice on the following: 1) Would you do Tom/Fant on the Tuesday or the Saturday? and 2) On the Tom/Fant day, would you rope drop SpaceMt.(and then do the rest of Tomland) or 7DMT (and then do the rest of Fant land)? Or should I wait to see which one I can get a good FP for and rope drop the other?
Or am I doing it all wrong? I’ve got a subscription to TP, but can’t seem to find one that’s just right for my family, so I’m doing a personalized one.

7DMT is a hard fast pass to come by, especially on party days since there are fewer to hand out. If you are staying off property, there is a good chance they will be all gone by the time you are able to book at 30 days (that’s what I’ve heard anyway) For me, it depends a bit on what you are willing to risk not seeing – that’s how I prioritize. If its “must see”, I try to get a FP. If we will be disappointed, but manageable without, I don’t get one and risk dealing with the lines. I would try to get the 7DTM FP if you can. ultimately, I would wait to see what you can get and construct your plan accordingly.

1 Like

I’m also told that lines for attractions are usually very short at the party. so if you aren’t spending all your time collecting treats and at character meets, you may be able to do space then. 7DMT may still be a wait (again, so I’ve heard as I’ve been looking at similar issues).

1 Like

Who is traveling with you? Will you have children? First, let me say that I love Space. At rope drop I have done Peter Pan, Pooh and then walked to Space with little/ no wait. I have also done Space at the parties (multiple times- since the wait is so short). I have also done 7DMT during a party ( about a 20 minute wait). A word of caution- during my Halloween Party 7DMT broke down and they had to walk people off the ride. I do think 7 D MT is a much, much better ride at night!

2 Likes

I heard some people commenting that their nighttime FP for 7DMT were canceled on their party night and they were given a replacement. Someone apparently heard from a CM that the ride was going to be closed that night because something was going up in front of it? I don’t know if that’s true or not, but maybe don’t plan on riding it at night (though I’ve heard that’s a better time to ride it). In regards to the FP, I couldn’t get one because I’m staying off-property, but I stalked the website one day and managed to get one that someone else dropped, so keep looking if you don’t get one!

DH, DD10, DD9 and DS7 - all big fans of rides. Staying off property, so only getting FP at 30 days out. Since this is our first and probably only trip to WDW, 7DMT is a must. We will likely have a DAS card for DS7, so that might help if we can’t get a FP for 7DMT. I’ll try during the party, too. Maybe during the first parade.

I saw that report but it seems as if they cancelled just about all FPs after a certain time on party nights. I went to two parties last year and I think they were struggling getting people to leave the park due to their FPs.

1 Like

I"ve heard elsewhere that the nighttime FP were cancelled just because they were issued in error, not because it was going to be closed. Based on these reviewes, I think we are going to try to ride at night even though I have a FP for the day.

If you are into rides, Space would be my priority. I would go to 7DMT with your DAS and get a return time, and then go to Space. Or FP Space and go to Peter Pan.

1 Like

That aligns with what I heard as well.

1 Like

Do not lose hope about getting a 7DMT FP even when being offsite!! I got one late at night on a CL 9 day in June 30 days out. It’s not impossible! Good luck!!

1 Like