RD FOP and use rider switch

I’m trying to get ready for my FPP selection day and here’s one question I can’t find the answer to:

Is rider switch really possible if you arrive early to RD FOP? I was thinking I had read somewhere that the initial RD crowd gets sent through the FP+ queue, so does that mean that if you arrive early enough to get a short wait for the initial ride, the waiting riders for the rider switch will encounter a backed up FP+ line?

If it makes any difference, I plan to do this on an AM EMH day. I’m hoping someone has experience with this with the new electronic rider switch. With the old system, I was planning to just come back later in the day with the paper pass, but since the new one is only good for ~1hr, that obviously won’t work.

Thanks!

I don’t have an answer, but I can tell you what our plan is. We (5 adults, 3 children, 2 too short to ride) plan to RD FoP and get a rider switch. Depending on reports between now and then (3rd week of August), we will either present as one group and just get one RS pass, or 2 groups and get 2 RS passes. 3 adults and 1 child will ride FoP. The other 2 adults and 2 children will ride NRJ. We then have FPPs for NRJ about half an hour after park open. The 2 adults that missed FoP will go back while everyone else uses the FPPs for NRJ. So the 2 littles will ride NRJ twice. The FPPs for NRJ are only for the 3 adults and 3 children, I used the other 2 for EE for 2 adults later :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply!
We’ll just have 2 adults and 3 kids (one too short). I’m hoping to get a FPP for FOP at a reasonable time, but looking at the availability 60+ days out I’m just not sure. We’ll be there the second week of September, so hopefully crowds will be manageable. My plan right now is to get there early (not quite sure how early in September for AM EMH) and go straight to FOP. Get rider switch and one adult will ride with the two big kids and the other will take the little one on NRJ. Then, if the kids want to ride FOP again, they go a second time on the rider switch pass.

1 Like