Rate my ADRs

We’are a family of 4, myself, DW, DS6, and DS2. Are we getting the most out of the standard DDP with these ADRs?

• 50’s PTC dinner
  • Chef Mickey’s Breakfast
  • ‘Ohana Dinner
  • Tusker House dinner
  • Via Napoli dinner

Thanks!

They all look great apart from Via Napoli … we went last October and found the food very average as was the whole ambiance of the restaurant

1 Like

Any other recommendations at Epcot?

Via Napoli gets mixed reviews. Some love it. I thought it was awful. Over-salty, mediocre pizza in a deafeningly loud environment.

Chef Mickey is generally slated for its food, but the character interaction is first class. I’m a huge fan of 1900 Park Fare for breakfast — great food and good character interaction, but it’s not the fab five.

We love Beirgarten at Epcot sadly there seems to be zero availability on the day we are there.

We weren’t big fans of Via Napoli either. It wasn’t BAD - just mediocre. We love San Angel Inn at Epcot. Food and drinks are great - and the ambiance is pretty cool!

I think this looks great! We have really enjoyed Via Napoli, but I know there are others that don’t feel the same. I’ve heard rave reviews of Artist Point at Wildnerness lodge. Maybe swap Via Napoli for that?

I love Via Napoli, but I go there specifically for the pizza. Other things are definitely mediocre.

This was my favorite … until last trip when we tried La Hacienda de San Angel. The ambiance was not as good, but we thought the food was better and the service was faster.

In Epcot, Teppan Edo was a great surprise for us.
The ambiance is pretty cool, and the food was great (all the family loved it).
I would give it a 8.5/10.

Chefs de France was even better: best food we had on a non-signature meal. However, it is less entertaining than Teppan Edo.
I would still give it a 10/10.

We also did the Garden Grill for Dinner. The food was “ok”, but the character’s interaction was great.
I would give it a 7.5/10.

Finally, I wasn’t impressed by the 50’ Prime Time Cafe in HS. The food was “ok”, but the theming wasn’t great and it was so loud. Our waiter seems overwhelmed by the situation.
I would give it a 6/10. The food quality was as good at Sci-Fi Drive-In Theater and the ambiance is much better.

Have a nice trip !

Second vote for Biergarten!! I’m shocked that there is no availability! When are you going? That’s usually my go-to to pick up at the last minute.

•50’s PTC dinner - My second favorite in DHS (HBD comes in on top). I’ve never had a bad meal there and the kitschy 50s décor reminds me of my childhood.
•Chef Mickey’s Breakfast - Never did breakfast. Dinner food was nasty and I don’t really care about characters.
•‘Ohana Dinner - Never did it, but it gets generally excellent reviews - but is notorious for seating late.
•Tusker House dinner - TH is the only CM that I will do. Food much better than most park buffets, and the setting is not too hectic
•Via Napoli dinner - I have always had excellent pizza there. Yes, it’s noisy, but that doesn’t really bother me. If I want anything other than pizza, I go to Tutto Italia.

Other EP recommendations: Monsieur Paul is excellent, but signature and I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it with kids. Le Cellier is also very good, but also signature (although I think it’s more kid friendly). Biergarten is one of my favorite restaurants in WDW. For Mexican, La Hacienda has the best food, but San Angel is hard to beat for theming/atmosphere

You guys are great. In considering TS meals, the loudness factor weighs heavy for us, but not in a negative way. With a 6 year old and a 2 year old we’ll probably contributing to the volume level. On the flip side, we don’t want to go anywhere where we’ll bother people who are trying to have a nice conversation or are on a date.

Tuesday Feb 19th. There has to be some event, there were openings the day after and the day before but nothing all day long for Beirgarten on the day we are going. I did end up nabbing an Akershus breakfast for my daughter so i’ve decided it’s not the end of the world. Two buffets in one day is a bit much for us.

Biergarten all day long … we had a great time … kids loved it … up dancing ! And the steins are awesome :beer::beer:

3 Likes

I totally agree. A litre of beer is quite the undertaking - but one is pretty much enough…

1 Like