Rarrrrrghh! disney's site tricked me!

My favorite was they tried lecturing me about ensuring I’m looking at the same deal and the same resort because sometimes people confuse them. I was ready to shout ‘do you know how often I look at your broken website? At least 5 times a day! I am a Disney resort stalker! I know what I’m looking at!’…but I refrained. Your website is broken. Deal with it.

2 Likes

Not necessarily. They have access to things you don’t, necessarily…like 499 days out, etc. Doesn’t hurt to try. Although, I hate hate hate talking on the phone.

yup, kinda got the same speil. Only for me it was “Well, it was likely someone scooped up the reservation in the time it took for you to put it in your cart.”

Yeah, no chief. Your site done broke and lied to me. Give me back my original reservation.

“Can’t. We don’t see it as available. Likely someone already scooped it up.”

:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Sorry, THAT doesn’t just happen. I work on sites like this all the time, and while yes there can be high points (such as special announcements or releases of dates), at 8AM on a random Wednesday morning ISN’T one of them.

1 Like

Yeah they may have different access, but availability is apparently still very much the same.

Did you do this today? They just released a new promotion. Hotel rooms disappear so super fast on release day. Keep trying (not obsessively, but a couple times a day), something will come back up.

Yeah but this wasn’t in the time frame of the new deals, so not sure it would have been impacted.

Their carts are not like other shopping places. Not sure why. It can be in the cart and NOT hold it. It’s like Amazon’s new thing of giving you a shipping date when you are paying then sending a different shipping date after purchase. I had to add on & I called. :heart_eyes: Yea…it took time. One night it took hours to make changes to rooms and tickets.

2 Likes

Which is interesting because I was like…why are you making it so hard for us to spend more time and money? :star_struck:

3 Likes

Well after a nerve-wracking and tense few days… crisis averted. I was just able to secure the near-same accommodations as before. Just instead of a river view, I now have a “standard” view.

Totally acceptable as the view at POR is kinda wasted anyway cause of the foot traffic right next to your room.

aaaand I look forward to all of this being rendered completely pointless when my DVC res goes through in a few months. :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

All in good fun. You know.

you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

8 Likes

Hooray! I’m so glad to hear that things worked out.

1 Like

Really? I thought the word fun meant: activities that are completely useless, wasting everyone’s time in order to alleviate one’s fears that it might not actually end up being useless.

Isn’t that what it says in the Oxford English Dictionary?

And for the record, you killed my joke. Prepare to die!

1 Like

Yeah, but he made a better one.

3 Likes

Excuse me, you don’t happen to have six fingers on your right hand, do you?

2 Likes