Ranking the WDW Coasters

I’ve tried most of the secret menu. I’d never voluntarily pick that.

This still just blows me away. Like, totally. Because you couldn’t pay me a million bucks to call that coaster rough! RnRC and Space Mountain are both way rougher than RRR.

Ah well. To each their own! I, for one, think RRR is probably the best coaster, overall, in Disney or Universal, except maybe Expedition Everest. We rode RRR I think 5 times at least our last trip! :slight_smile:

I think it looks better than it is, although if it didn’t make my ears bleed I might think differently. DS14 rides 3 times in a row, I won’t do it twice in a row any more - twice a day but not in a row. Hulk is a million times better. EE is fun and clever with the backwards part but never better than Hulk. And RnRC is incredibly smooth!

This is what I have the hardest time with. After the ascent it’s easy and fun.
I timed it once and it took 13 seconds to ascend–it seems like an eternity though.

1 Like

I think we might be existing in parallel universes. :wink:

Hulk, to me, is ho hum. One and done. Okay. It is fun, but not worth much of a wait. Best part is the up hill launch. After that, it is like a million other coasters.

I was SO disappointed when they completely re-did Hulk, only to rebuild the EXACT SAME coaster again. That seemed pointless. I had hoped for something different.

And RnRC, to me, isn’t smooth. Not really rough either, but RRR is way smoother.

See what I mean? Parallel universes. Next thin I know, you’re going to say It’s a Small World is…fun. Shudder :wink:

Hahahaha! No I think we can both agree on IASW. There had to be something, right?

Since we’ve gone past simple ranking and are actually parsing out the rides…

Never done SDD, but hope to correct that.

Barnstormer - as long as my 4’11" mom is traveling with us, I don’t have to ride it with my little ones. It knocked me all over the place (I’m 5’9").

7DMT - my new favorite ride at WDW. Possibly because of the great MM footage, also the Hi-Ho tunnel and how it slows down as you move by the cottage. That said, I wouldn’t really call it a roller coaster as much as a fast paced dark ride.

BTMRR - always a good time; way more fun in DLR

Space - a WDW classic, if by classic you mean bone-jarring, painful experience. (I feel the same about the Matterhorn.)

EE - was my favorite WDW ride until 7DMT. It is still a wonderful ride. I agree with @ryan1 - it has been an exciting rite of passage for my kids as they have viewed it as a major coaster and getting to ride it so young has always thrilled.

RnRC - this was a treat for me when I finally got to ride itin 2007… I’d been pregnant for our 2000, 2003, and 2005 visits. I do enjoy the launch a great deal, but the theming is so meh to me. As DHS becomes less about California/movie making/old time Hollywood and more about, um, what is the theme exactly? I’d love to see it rethemed. Let’s see. What IP would tie nicely into a ride with vehicles moving quickly? Has Pixar done anything?

Rumors I’ve seen is that RnRC is going to be completely rethemed to the Avengers or something Marvel related. I can see that.

Yes. DHS has recently suffered a bit of the same lack of direction that Epcot has. It is really hard to say that ANY of the Disney World parks have a singular theme holding them together. Instead, it is just four parks that share experiences related to Disney-own intellectual property. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How about a re- imagined Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride?

1 Like

I love the Aerosmith theme, but I understand that I am not the target demographic (although maybe I am? I have kids and disposable income). Incredicoaster seems like it could work there, as much as I disliked the change for Cali. Screamin’. Especially since the DHS theme is currently, “slap an IP on a ride and call it a day.”

1 Like

DCA seems to suffering the same fate.

2 Likes

Although I believe that many of the additions/refurbs have been good (Carsland and Carthay Circle in particular)), I kind of miss the original “vibe” of when it first opened. Although I haven’t been since the Pixar Pier conversion, I’m kind of sad to see the “classic boardwalk” theme go away.

1 Like

I was referencing the more recent refurbs (Pixar Pier, removal of Bugs land, etc.)

Have they completely removed the whole bug’s land? I knew they stopped showing ittbab, but I didn’t know all the rides were gone too. What are they going to put there?

Completely gone. Putting in a Marvel themed area.

1 Like

Heimlich is now at Pixar Studios on display and they are rethemeing Fliks Flyers into an Inside Out themed ride to go on the pier.

I agree that Carsland and Carthay Circle have indeed been great additions, but I too miss the California collective theme- with Soarin’ changed to Around the World & Tower of Terror now Guardians of the Galaxy and the boardwalk now completely overhauled to Pixar IPs…it’s completely gutted of that theme. The new Jessie’s Critter carousel that just opened is sure to be a hit though and we’re excited for the re-skin of Flik’s Fliers (my favorite from Bugsland) to the Inside Out theme (going where Mali-Boomer used to be).

Also, even though I have a lot of nostalgia for old DCA, I’ll also be the first to admit that because so much of was available in DCA as a ride was also available at our local amusement park in Farmington, UT where I grew up, when I went as a teenager with my family our DCA touring plan was Tortilla from Mission Tortilla Factory (2-3x), California Screamin’ (2-3x), Soarin (2-3x), hop back to Disneyland.

Cars, people. I was hinting at Cars!!!
Though I would also green light a Wall•E ride.

3 Likes

No.

It’s definitely a thrill ride, but it doesn’t meet the definition of “Roller Coaster”. That said, the last drop especially makes it the most thrilling ride [currently] in the Magic Kingdom.

2 Likes

No rolling - check. No coasting - check. Definitely not a rollercoaster!

How about a Floaterdrifter?

3 Likes