Random Musings And a Very Merry Unbirthday to You

A lot of recent trip reports have gone the way of conversation threads more than actual reporting (and most do a healthy dose of both).

In one of those threads, I think it was @Jeff_AZ who mentioned something I think some of us were already thinking. How about an ongoing thread that mirrors the daily thread, but in a more relaxed setting in an area where everyone can contribute.

The daily thread is amazing at being supportive of each other, but it can be intimidating trying to say hi to everyone and keep up with daily lives as opposed to just throwing out random musings.

So here is my attempt. No need to tag or try to cover everyone. Just jump in with whatever’s on your mind, while keeping in mind that:

1. This is an open thread discoverable by anyone. It is not locked behind membership,
  2. Keep it civil. Every opinion matters, even if you don’t personally agree.

So with that being said, let the random musings begin!

And a Very Merry Unbirthday to You!

18 Likes

I’ll start.

The “e” button on my keyboard keeps sticking. It was making me lose my mind that that was the only letter I kept unintentionally typing, like a tick of some sort.

Funny how I questioned my own sanity before I questioned thee keyboard.

10 Likes

And that was after spellcheck!

5 Likes

Yes, it’s why I stopped :pensive: but the support there is real and kind.

My random thoughts today… oh well… too many to go through. Need to get some stuff for sick teenager at home and nothings open… holiday that I forgot about sigh.

Thanks for starting this thread :kissing_heart:

9 Likes

Oh no!

Being sick is never fun, but on a holiday is double-y horrible!

Did you try Instacart or Uber(whatever their shopping is)? It’s my go-to for holiday icks. There’s usually a Walgreens or the like open somewhere. Good luck!

5 Likes

Thanks… I’m headed out soon to see if I can find what I need at the gas station. Did a target drive up order not realizing it was a holiday :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Thanks for starting this thread! Great idea. Merry unbirthday to all, except those who have a birthday. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Not so random but here’s the latest addition to our zoo.

38 Likes

I don’t know what that is supposed to be a picture of, but I see two trips to Disney World.

18 Likes

I know you don’t like them, but that is a dog. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

:rofl: A very adorable one, I might add.

7 Likes

It’s cute… hope Whiskey is a poor teacher :laughing: How much damage can one house suffer :rofl:

7 Likes

He is cute. I hate that.

6 Likes

OH MY GOODNESS!!! How ADORABLE!!

I was hoping you’d start us off with a nice palapa…but puppy shots are equally awesome.

8 Likes

I want to give him all the neck scratches and nose kisses! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

So it’s actually not our dog. He belongs to Lizzy (who apparently is moving home next month so he will sort of be our dog).

7 Likes

Did someone say palapa?!?

15 Likes

Please do. He’s getting no attention. :joy:

5 Likes

what?!? too cute to be ignored… puppy breath?

4 Likes

Full credit to you! Z1’s totally accepted here.

4 Likes