Random complaint

I was watching a DFB video yesterday and chatting to someone who’s been to WDW recently — who says it’s hell and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone — and I thought how I’d actually really enjoy spending a big chunk of time just exploring the resorts. You know, if it’s nice weather (i.e. not raining) I’d really enjoy the relative calm and quiet and admiring the landscaping and theming and so on. I could almost do a whole trip just walking around without even going on any rides. I think it would be lovely.

But you can’t even do that right now. Not that you people will even let me into your country.

3 Likes

Well, you can. But you have to get there on Disney transportation. No driving there on your own.

2 Likes

Oh? Can you? They’ll let you in without a room or restaurant reservation?

If you go via Disney transportation, yes.

3 Likes

Yes. Just not if you are driving. But we used Disney transporting (or just walked) to the various resorts. No one checks anything.

1 Like

Wait a minute here. ( Not that you people will even let me into your country.) We can’t get into Canada and UK was one of the first to restrict. Others are following suit and for good reason though how much good it is doing is debatable. Don’t know what country your from but I would bet they have restrictions too or soon will have.

I take it you’re not familiar with my massive hypocrisy?

6 Likes

:rofl:

Strongly disagree. It’s being run really well through all of this IMO. Just taper expectations. I had a wonderful time.

4 Likes

We’ve gone into a resort w/ a dinning reservation and then took internal transportation around to view all the holiday fare. I have an AP but DH doesn’t (his expired and they won’t let us reactivate it :frowning: ) and they aren’t selling APs right now so we can’t go into the parks. I can go by myself but I don’t want to. Hell, if you park at the Transportation Center you can start your adventure from there all day long.

100%. We were just there, same time as you and we felt it was quite fine.

3 Likes

I have a love/hate relationship with DFB. Sometimes they have good stuff, but others (most actually) their headlines are just clickbait and unnecessarily alarming.

2 Likes

Totally get it. And actually, we found that the food recommendations made from them that we decided to try were mostly misses for us. I don’t really trust them on food…which is ironic since it is in their name!

2 Likes

100% agree. Their social media presence is trash. But I love the YouTube videos. I could watch them all day. I love AJ’s voice and intonations. I love the background music. I love the video footage. And the content can be interesting, too.

I once actually paid money for the guides. I thought they were awful. But I let them keep the money. They’ve earned it with their video content.

3 Likes

I don’t read DFB for the food commentary but I too love the videos and other details even if I can see all the click bait :wink:

1 Like

Agree total Click bait. But I liked showing DH her videos so he saw the food options, since he had never been. But I follow them on Instagram and it’s all click bait!

4 Likes

Yep. Their Insta and their emails are total click bait. And they’ll sometimes just change the headline on a story.

Maybe I’ll check out their videos - those I have not really seen. (Been too busy looking at resort videos. Haha!)

3 Likes

Guess not.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
buckle up :wink:

The thing that amazes me here is beside the virus aspect I don’t go because a lot of things are closed and a lot of activities are cancelled. For me and my wife we live a long way away so when we do put out that much money for a WDW vacation I want the works. Love the food and things like Hoop De Do Review. Ok I love Germany, Norway, Japan, Italy, and Cape May’s Cafe. Forgot Chief Mickey’s and Ohana’s. You get my point. Also have a AP which we haven’t activated yet so we will wait until more experiences are once again running. Now what really mistifies me is why Disney stock is going gangbusters. Got quite a few shares that would pay for many trip to WDW.

3 Likes