Rain rain go away

It’s looking like rain on the first 3 days of our trip. Anything special I should know about rain in CA? Or do we just poncho up and carry on?

2 Likes

Sorry.
I HAD to.

4 Likes

I mean, that was my prevailing thought on the subject! I was not prepared to deal with rain!

2 Likes

I hear you.
I’m sorry.
Rain is the worst on vacation.
:pray:t3: it only rains at night.

2 Likes

I’m only seeing a chance of rain on Sunday. Otherwise just clouds. I hope it doesn’t rain. It can be miserable. Lots of rides shut down. Lines are not often covered. Even most restaurants are just outside seating.

@Wahoohokie What does your app say weather is going to be like?

3 Likes

I guess that means we’ll finally go to the Tiki Room?!

I’m using WTForecast and it says rain is 37% on Sunday, 13% on Monday, and 4% on Tuesday. Today is the first day it has suggested a possibility of rain on Monday and Tuesday. I’ve been watching it for a week.

2 Likes

It shows rain likely on Sunday. Small chances the next days after that, which in So Cal usually means no rain.

4 Likes

Young lady!
Let’s look at this like 87% chance of dry on Monday and 96% of dry on Tuesday.

9 Likes

I mean, I’m praying for no rain, but I want to be prepared. Better to have and not need and all that.

4 Likes

The biggest issue with rain at DLR is the rides, ride lines, and food are mostly outside. That being said rain is not (usually) an all day affair there. I wouldn’t worry too much about it ruining your day. Take your ponchos, stroller covers, and umbrellas.
It did rain one day when I was there last December but I don’t remember it causing too many issues. You can take ridiculous photos in ponchos if you like:

7 Likes

So sorry there is rain in your forecast! I agree with the others though that only Sunday will likely have meaningful rain.

Also if you’re used to Florida rain, SoCal rain is nothing. It doesn’t rain sideways and it doesn’t flood as much so you can usually get by with a rain jacket or even a sweater. (There are occasional heavy rainstorms, but usually those hit in January/February.)

You’ve got this! Have the ponchos and stroller covers at the ready, and maybe pull an audible or two if the rain is unexpectedly heavy.

4 Likes

Now it says 55% chance on Sunday, but 0% Monday and Tuesday :joy:

Will Fantasmic happen in the rain?

2 Likes

I think F! gets cancelled in the rain due to danger to the live performers. But not 100 percent sure.

2 Likes

Found this for you on Disboards. As I thought, no F! in the rain.

2 Likes

Thanks for looking into it for me! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I prefer rainy days. I’m sensitive to heat and sun to the point where it’s miserable for me. We will be there Monday and Tuesday too.

1 Like