Rain and the WAT

For those of you who have done the Wild Africa Trek — paging @OBNurseNH and @FindMeAFishingSpot — if it had been raining or there was rain, how muddy would the trek get? I don’t want to mess up my new shoes, so I’m wondering if I should bring emergency mud shoes.

I don’t think you would need emergency mud shoes. It might get a little muddy on some of those “through the woods” parts but I doubt it would be bad.

Of course feel free to blame me if you need them and don’t have them on account of the information I’ve provided here.

3 Likes

I agree, there was a lot of tree coverage so I don’t think tons of mud will be a big problem!

Here is something that has come up a few times in wdw chat. I
https://sealshoecovers.com/product/ocean-seal/

You would definitely not need anything like that for mud concerns. If you’re concerned about wet feet that’s different.

New shoes at WDW is probably not a good idea @profmatt. I’d go with well broken and molded shoes instead!

They’re new shoes that I’ve been breaking in over the last few months ready for the trip.

Ok, muddy on then amigo! You’re good to go.

1 Like

Love you, @quicha. You always make me smile!

1 Like

Aw shucks… :blush:

I did my second full-scale trial run with the new shoes today. A long walk in hot weather.

No problems to report!

I haven’t tested their waterproofing, which is apparently great. But I’m scared to in case I mess up the shoes!

1 Like

Were you planning on puddle hopping? Please send pics if you do!

1 Like