Raglan Road wait

Here I am less than 30 days out changing my plans again. I’ve never been to Raglan Road and I’d like to try it. I’ve read before that it can have a long wait with an ADR. Do we need to stay at the restaurant or can we explore a little while we wait? Do they give a pager or text?

1 Like

They texted me last month.

1 Like

Both times I’ve gone, I’ve had a wait even with ADR. I believe they text you, although I wouldn’t wander too far since both times the wait was shorter than they estimated. We just poked around the Irish gift shop attached to the waiting area and that gave us enough to do!

2 Likes

Curious how long the wait it is? Are you always seated in stage view? I’ve read some reviews about people not getting seated in the stage area.

No you’re not always seated with a stage view. They tried to seat us in another room, and said that the musicians and dancers would come in, but we asked to be moved anyway. We did see them going into that room at one point, and we could hear them playing.

1 Like

I want to say 15-20 minutes of an estimated wait. It must not have been too bad if I can’t really remember!

There are many tables without a perfect stage view, so if that’s important to you, you might want to ask to wait until one opens up. The first time we went, we were seated almost behind the stage in a nook to the right, and the second we were in a big table near the entrance that had a partial wall between the table and the stage. Both times we didn’t have ideal viewing but still enjoyed the experience and didn’t feel like we missed out. The stage is raised so you can still see a lot, and you can always walk up closer or wait until the performers go around the room. My suggestion actually would be to avoid sitting near the speakers surrounding the stage - they are LOUD!

I’m so glad you asked, because I didn’t even think about this! I booked right at the beginning of the dinner show, hoping for a good view and an early bedtime.

1 Like

we got lucky 2 years ago…5 minute wait and close to stage, but I said ahead of time it was DSs 21st bday…but I don’t think that mattered

1 Like

We went in May and they gave us a pager. I’m stingy with handing out my phone number so that’s probably why we got one of those rather than a text. There was a wait, probably 20-30 minutes but it was the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, so super busy. IIRC there was a band playing in the bar outside, and there was a beer cart, too, so the wait was fine.

1 Like

Wishing everything goes well and you get whisked in and out early!

We’ve been 3 times in the last year and gotten a pager each time. The two times we did dinner we had a long wait with an ADR–maybe 30 minutes once and 45 the other. Once we were seated in the room with the stage and once in a separate room. We went for lunch last December and were seated immediately, but there’s no entertainment then. It’s a fabulous place, even with a wait!

I think it also really depends on when your ADR is. The last time we went, we needed to go on the early side for dinner. We showed a few minutes early too and were seated immediately. We requested a table close to the stage at the desk and were seated at the table closest to the stage.

We’ve always been given a pager. As for the wait, I think the shortest wait we’ve had was probably about 10 minutes. Longest…more like 40. For us it’s a bit like 'Ohana - we know there’s a 99% chance there’ll be a long-ish wait involved. We just make the ADR for 30 minutes earlier than we would if we were going somewhere else. :rofl:

1 Like