Qwerty needs help USO/IOA - 96% of a plan - and we are very excited!

Tomorrow!! That’s so exciting!!!
Hope you all have an absolute blast @QwertySC :smiley:

6 Likes

Go to the Vacation Planning Desk in the lobby of the hotel. They’ll take care of you!

The Hulk lockers are directly across from the ride entrance - very obvious!
You take your items with you on Doom & Storm. There are storage bins at the ride loading area for Doom and you carry on everything at Storm

The issue is metal detection. This is one of three attractions you have to go through metal detection and it really slows everything down. If it’s your first ride and you are going directly there I don’t think it’ll be 20 minutes in queue. However, 10 - 15 minutes isn’t unrealistic as the biggest attraction people see as they enter and it is still a draw.

3 Likes

I was worried it was too short a wait given we aren’t early entrants.

Early Entry typically only gives access to the WWoHP (and Velocicoaster or Despicable Me, depending on the park).

4 Likes

They have barricades in place that don’t let you go into Marvel Island until official park opening. However, they’ll start letting everyone through the gates at EPA. If you get to where EPA rides are you have to show your hotel key card to prove you can continue or wait in a “holding” area until park opening.

So many people will go to WWOHP first. I wouldn’t worry too much about a wait longer than 20 minutes for Hulk at opening.

3 Likes

Awesome. Thank you both!

1 Like

Wrong

1 Like

You can wear glasses. I always use a strap to hold them on. They sell them in the parks.

2 Likes

Thanks!

One time the 3D goggles on Gringott’s flew off. So I strap them on now, too.

4 Likes

Welcome to the party my family!! (IYKYK)

Plus, you can see my cool eyeglass straps!!

8 Likes

Is the idea behind these that if the glasses fall off they’ll stay around your neck?
I don’t see how they would help if the glasses are somehow whipped off over your head.

PS I’ve got contacts for my trip, but I’ll probably need a break from them sometime.

3 Likes

The kind we use tighten, so the glasses really don’t come off.

4 Likes

They will not move - much. You can tighten the straps. However, if they do come a bit loose… then I won’t lose them. They’ll just dangle in front of my face until I recover.

2 Likes

It is true. Those kind of glasses bands are not terribly helpful on certain types of coasters/rides, because the wind can blow the glasses up and over the head. (I’ve seen it happen, personally!) I always wear glasses bands, but the kind that pulls the glasses very tightly against your head so that they can’t move. (I don’t have a photo that shows them, however, because you can’t tell I have them on at all unless you are looking at me from behind!)

3 Likes

Thanks all. I’ll add this to my shopping list :+1:t2:

2 Likes

The style I use is similar to this:

After they attach to the glasses, you can just adjust the little toggle thing tight against your head just before you get on the ride, and then loosen it when you get off. Works great.

6 Likes

Ah, I can see how that would work.
Thanks, I’ll see what I can find :+1:t2:

1 Like

The ones in my picture are very similar in how they tighten to the back of head.

2 Likes

That’s helpful. Thanks :+1:t2:

2 Likes