Quiestions about booking dining reservations

We are going to Disney for 8 days, I can start booking dining on April 28, can I book dining for our entire stay or is that the start of the first day we arrive?

Also, we don’t have our plane tickets yet (waiting for price to lower), I want to book at a character greet the first day, but I am not sure if we are going to arrive in time. Can I book two days and then cancel one when we know for sure when we are going to arrive?

If you are staying at a Disney Resort and you have linked your reservation to your MDE you can make them for your length of stay. Yes, you can book extra that you can cancel if your plans change.

If you’re staying off site: sorry @Astromaid, you are in for midnight panic bookings every day for the length of your stay. The good news is that you have that many chances to get those hard to book ADRs. I treated it as Disney pijama parties and had a lot of fun doing this and the FPP bookings. I hope you get everything you want!!

Where are you traveling from?

Staying onsite. :slight_smile: We actually have our airfare purchased from Detroit, but our kids will be traveling from Illinois. They want to fly Southwest from Midway, but want a direct flight. Just haven’t seen the price they want to pay yet.

You can book however many meals you want - and then cancel (MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL - there is a $10 / person penalty). I booked a few places and then about a week prior canceled several as we firmed up our plans. I actually cancelled one the day of the reservation. I called and they gave me a courtesy cancel without penalty.

We had reservations for 7:30 one night and someone in my party was DONE at 5. I explained the situation when I called to cancel. The castmember was a bit rude - so (uncharacteristically - I was a bit rude back). I said - “I can keep the reservation, the 4 of us will be miserable and I am sure the people around us will be made miserable as well - now doesn’t that sound extra magical?” There were NO open time slots for the restaurant - so I am SURE they would be able to fill it with a walk in.

I understand that they don’t want people to cancel - but they need to be a bit flexible

You can book your ADRs online at 6:00 or call at 7:00am. Sometimes there is a glitch online. If you forget to cancel an ADR go into your MDE account and modify it to another date even if is really hard to get and you have to move it 180 days out. Then, cancel it later.

1 Like