Quick Trip Report: Double Rope Drop, 4x FOP, TS EMM & the Dolphin! 6/9-12

Thanks for this great report. I’m curious to hear if you (or others) have tips for staying calm and keeping the touring going so smoothly with two kids when things don’t go as planned like ride closures or big storms. I’m planning and reading as much as I can, but I’m nervous how it’s going to be with my soon to be eight year old twins when we are there in August.

1 Like

What does PE stand for? We’ve been talking about possibly staying Swan/Dolphin if we can ever get away for a kiddo-free trip. I’d love any tips you have on hotel deal grabbing!

1 Like

Hi Cgerres, PE stands for Priceline Express, where priceline offers deep discounts but doesn’t reveal the name of the hotel. However, there is a tool you can install with chrome called Hotel Canary which can reveal what it actually is. It’s not guaranteed, but most of the time it is correct. A fellow Liner @JTT has many Touring Plans blog posts and forum/chat discussions on this. If you do a search for PE or priceline express and JTT you will come up with a lot of info!

3 Likes

HI Allison! Just expect there will storm or two every day that time of year, and sometimes it’s a wonderful break from the heat. In MK there are many inside rides that will still be open. Other parks it would be a good time to see an inside show maybe? just be flexible and you will have a chance to get back to the ride you may have missed, grab fast passes on closed rides that will turn into anytime fpp’s (like dumbo or magic carpets). Have your ponchos with you and carry on! :slight_smile: You’re still in Disney World!

1 Like

Thanks!!

We had a complete rain out day during our January trip. You can read about it on day 6 here: Trip Report: Our Mickey-Tastic Adventure - #7 by missoverexcited

2 Likes

Thanks so much for linking your excellent trip report. It definitely gave me good advice on switching things up on the fly. I need to read more of these so I can feel calmer and make good decisions as I lead my family through the world. I also really liked your idea to split up a bit. I think that might help us all feel happier.

1 Like

How the heck did you get early morning FPP for SDMT and SDD so early in your trip? I could only get a 3pm SDMT for day 60+2 and nothing for SDD on 60+4! This is for August with predicted 2 and 3 crowd levels!

1 Like

I also recommend getting really familiar with the park maps, where the rides are, which rides your family will love, and the basic priority order of rides. (Easy WDW also has some great touring plans and talks through the strategy in GREAT detail.) Those things all really gave me confidence on the fly.

We are both introverts (DS2 seems extroverted), so having some down time every day during naps was really great. Also one of the reasons we love having a rental vs a hotel room.

Easy WDW maps have been printed and will be studied! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me (and my family).

I created personalized touring plans and put in a break every afternoon for some downtime at the resort, which I’m hoping allows us to rope drop every day and stay out for a least a few nights of fireworks. We also have two park days, then a break day, and then two more theme park days.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Know where the restrooms are located when travelling with kids. Not as critical with 8 year-olds, but still helpful.

2 Likes

SOOO smart! Bathrooms will be highlighted!!!

1 Like

Great trip and trip report!

Glad y’all were able to ride FoP so many times!!!

Loved this report! Thanks for sharing.

I was not able to see any of the pics you linked to – can someone explain why? I have been on chat for awhile but never really used the forum. Just curious as I’d love to be able to see the pics!

Thanks again!

2 Likes

I couldn’t open them either… disappointing.

I couldn’t either on my Iphone or My PC.

Oops- sorry about the pics! I’m not sure what happened- we’re on vacation on Hilton Head this week but i’ll try to check on it at some point . Sorry! Thanks for reading the report. Hope it was helpful!

1 Like

It was wonderful even without the pix, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know- should be fixed now :slight_smile: