Quick Service Dining Plan Options

We have the quick service dining plan and will be travelling with a hungry 9 year old daughter. I’m sure I have read somewhere that she will be able to select from the full menu (and not just the children’s options) am I right?

Yes, QS credits don’t distinguish between adults and children.

1 Like

Check on allears.net or Disney Food Blog for the rules. I listen to several podcasts and some of the meal trading is limited to deluxe dining plan. I find most meals to be more than my normal portions. You could always get her an appetizer to go along with the child’s meal. Buffets are always a good choice.

I checked one of the websites and counter service meals don’t differentiate between adult and child.

1 Like

Yes, just order her something from the adult menu. On our 3 trips that we had the dining plan, we never had any issues ordering from the adult menu at counter service restaurants for my youngest son.

1 Like

Technically, while the credits don’t distinguish between adult and child and are pooled together, your plan will limit you to two adult and one child meal options (assuming that’s your party makeup) at any one time.

The only true “legit” way around this is to go to locations that don’t have a separate kid’s menu; I’ll leave other methods to your imagination.

[2015-07-29 Edited to add: as noted below - this policy appears to have changed]

1 Like

when we went in November we had QSDP too. I never once ordered a kids meal. We had 4 people on the plan and I always ordered 3 or 4 adult meals and let the 2 boys on the plan split with their sister who is under 3 so not on the plan. Even asked for extra plates and cups - no one ever said a thing.

1 Like

As of May 31, 2015 here are the changes that have been made to the QS dining plan:

• Guests may substitute any dessert or non-alcoholic beverage choice with any eligible snack, provided it’s within the same transaction. This means that if you don’t want your quick service chocolate cake, you can substitute it with say a side of french fries.
  • Quick service locations will also not enforce the mixture of adult and child entitlements. Guests with two adults and two children on the Quick Service Dining Plan can choose four adult meals, if they prefer.
  • Guests may substitute one Quick Service meal for up to three snack options within the same transaction at Quick Service dining locations or food courts. For example, if you didn’t want to eat a quick service meal, but were still hungry, you could choose to grab an apple, a bottle of water, and a muffin and it would be able to count as one Quick Service meal entitlement, if you chose that option.

To see all the other changes, it is posted here on touring plans at:
http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/05/29/changes-coming-to-the-disney-dining-plan-beginning-may-31/

1 Like

I don’t believe this to be true. We went in Feb 2015 and had two adults and one child on the DP. We would always order 3 adult meals so that DS4 and DD2 could share a meal.