Questions about booking a package

I’ve only booked room only before but I’ll need to book a package in the future (due to park reservations).

1. Has the $200 deposit always been refundable (up to 30 days before the trip), or is that a COVID thing?
  2. If I make the booking and put down the $200, can I then modify the booking to a different hotel or dates as many times as I want? If I were to change the dates can I then choose a different park ticket (like increase or decrease the number of days, or add on the park hopper plus)? Can I add or subtract guests?
  3. If I want to make an extra payment before the balance is due, can I do that online or do I need to call in?

And for fun,
4. Poly or WL? (I’ve stayed at the Poly before, but not WL)

1 Like

Yes
Yes (they may refund the $200 and then you pay again)
And lastly, yes

Oh, and Poly all the way

1 Like

If you modify a package and any part of it has increased, it will impact your package (for example a ticket increase).

Usually you can make payments for a package (but not room only) online (as long as you book it yourself)

WL- no contest- unless you love crowds :wink:

2 Likes

Tie breaker here… WL 100%!

2 Likes

You didn’t specifically ask, but on a WDTC package, the number of each add-on (i.e tickets and Disney Dining Plan) must always match the number of guests in the package.

I may change my mind after seeing the Poly refurbs, but for now WL would be my choice (and that’s from a long time Poly fan).

1 Like

Another vote for WL! Although to be fair I’ve never stayed at Poly.
Packages are a nice way to get your park reservations in without actually buying tickets until you are certain of your plans. Used to be that park reservations would stay even if you cancelled the package, but I can confirm they did in fact close that loophole. Cancelled a package a week or so ago and 2 days later the park reservations for those persons disappeared. Fortunately however park reservations seem to be easier to come by now for most days.

1 Like

I would go with Poly!

2 Likes

Full caveat, I live near the smokies and WL looks like everything there. It’s nice. But for us, Poly theming feels different and more like a vacation. We just stayed at the Riviera and it was great as well. But I’m a Poly fan.

1 Like