Questions about arriving from the airport

Just wanted some opinions. I have only used ME once and that was back when they had the luggage service. I have a solo trip coming up the end of August. I have very limited on time, actual reason for the trip is training for work, but I was able to add on 2 days to atleast have some fun.
God-willing, arrival is scheduled for 920am on a Monday, staying at CSR. Do I try and take ME or since I want every second of my free time to be spent inside one of the parks, should I think about Uber? Praying I can pack strategically and only have a carry on so I do not have to wait for my luggage, just keep on walking out of the airport.
What happens if I sign up and reserve ME but end up taking a ride share? Could I still use ME back to the airport on departure day? Tuesday is my only full day before meetings and I want to make Monday as full as possible too. Forget about sleep, that’s what the meeting are for. Haha
Thinking even if I do not have to wait long for a bus, it would still stop at other resorts so I’m leaning towards a ride share but don’t want to mess up and not be able to take Me back to the airport. Or should I ride share both ways??

1 Like

I would Uber both ways. Being solo and every minute counting that seems like the best choice to me

3 Likes

If you don’t mind spending the money, I’d suggest Uber. You might get lucky with DME, or you might have to wait for a bus, have to wait for a long time after boarding the bus, or be the last drop-off spot. We arrived on Monday night at 1 AM after a frustrating two-hour delay with SW only to board a bus immediately and sit for an hour before leaving. And despite being the first on the bus, we were the last to be dropped off (out of 4 resorts). I’ve also had good experiences with DME, but when time is of the essence on a short trip, I recommend spending more to avoid the stress of a bad DME experience.

You can still use DME for the return trip even if you don’t use it from the airport.

1 Like

Thank you. I think I have my mind made up about arriving, just want to be sure I do not mess anything up for the way back to the airport. I know I will be so anxious and annoyed waiting and dropping off at the other resorts, want to start the trip off on a good note!

1 Like

You can absolutely bail on DME on the way in and still take it on the way out. I have bailed on DME more often than I’ve taken it but that Tragical Express notice still shows up every time.

1 Like

I have my mind set on definitely using uber on arrival day. On departure day, it will depend on what time pick up is, my flight is at 920am so I think they usually have you picked up 3 plus hours ahead and if that’s the case, I might uber back too. Thank you!

Back when they did luggage, I signed up for ME but did a ride share to get to the park for MNSSHP. When we got to the hotel, luggage was waiting so they don’t hold you accountable for missing a leg of the trip.

1 Like