Question re Star Wars Weekend & Princess Leia

To my surprise, my daughter (6) has decided that she really wants to meet Princess Leia (which, as a Star Wars fan, fills my heart with joy), and as I understand it, Star Wars weekend is pretty much the only time that can happen. Was contemplating doing a quick trip over Memorial Day weekend anyway, so it would be a good time to check that box.

That said, I see that the Studios will be a 9 the day we’d be targeting, and that would probably be the only reason we’d be going there – short trip and it might just be her and I, and there’s not enough there that she can ride to justify taking the time away from the other parks.

I guess the question is, how popular is Leia? How much time should I plan to devote to being there to meet her if we do this?

1 Like

Lines for characters will be long. Leia meets with Luke. Last time, they were in the Darths Mall, but check when SWW begins to be sure.

I would say to give yourself an hour to wait in line on Memorial Day weekend, maybe a little longer.

1 Like

Didn’t they do special fpp’s last year or was that just the shows? Was it line up before opening to get one? I can’t remember. I’m old…get off my lawn lol

2 Likes

That was for the Shows, old man. The M&Gs were still standby.

I said… “THE M&G’s WERE STILL STANDBY!!”

5 Likes

Hey @Outer1, OT question for you. Based on your profile pic, I have a mental image of you lookng like Vincent (or Mitchel from Modern Family). But then I realized that I do not even know if you are male or female, let alone if you hear even a casual resemblance to your avatar. So, Disney Dude or Disney Gal? Enquiring minds want to know!

I’m not @Outer1, but he’s a Disney Dude. And a dang nice one at that!

2 Likes

He is my Disney Soulmate. Don’t get any ideas…

3 Likes

Haha… thanks ladies. I am in fact a Disney dude, and I look nothing like my avatar I just thought it was funny.

Eta: I :heart: you Soulmate.

3 Likes

photo stalkers should start here:
http://forum.touringplans.com/t/outer1s-trip-thread-aka-adrmageddon/7912

(Just tell me if you want me to delete this link @Outer1)

2 Likes

Lol. I don’t mind Sally. It’s already in the forum.

2 Likes

Careful which links you share with @brklinck. He’s a trouble maker!

3 Likes

Hey! Did you delete your ToT Instrgram? I’m getting a “Page not Found” error…

Yes, it is quite funny. Of course, it should be the other Mouse Ear that is cut off, but we won’t quibble over artistic accuracy… :wink:

I don’t think so. I’ll look…

https://instagram.com/p/lkL3amTKyv/

I made my account private, so unless you follow me, you can’t view it. Just request to follow me (even though I thought you already did… jerk) :slight_smile:

I was following you, but Instagram won’t let me sign in now. I even changed my password, which apparently was not necessary because it still won’t let me sign in. :scream:

Another question on this, because we are officially going to be there in a few weeks, and definitely want to see Leia while we’re there. I’ve heard that her schedule isn’t necessarily regular, or at least that she and Luke might alternate with another character, such that if I miss her, it might be several hours before she’s back out. Is that right? If so, do they post the schedule for her at all, or is it just one of those, “Line up and whoever comes out, that’s the character you’ll be meeting” sort of thing?