Question about rider swap

Heading to DW in October and wondering how to best take advantage of our time and situation.
It will be me and my husband (early 30s), my mom (late 60s), my son (6) and daughter (2)

My mom isn’t a fan of thrill rides and my husband gets motion sickness. SO, it’ll just be my son and I for the wilder rides (he’s about 46 inches at the moment and growing like a weed)

My question is - would it be possible to use rider swap where we go to the kiosk with dad, get the RS pass, then DS and I ride then and come back later with the RS fast pass? Is that frowned upon or wrong or abusing the system? If you do rider swap you stand in the regular line for the first ride, correct?

Rider swap is something we just didn’t use last trip since DS was only 2 and the hubby can’t ride the fun stuff lol, so I’m not familiar with it and looking for tips with our riding situation for the rides

That is the best way of all to do it, actually. Just don’t forget to ride later. It took me 4 trips before I finally got on RNR because I kept forgetting ot use my RS pass! It’s typically a paper pass so whoever wants to use it can. Often you will see folks on Chat offering up leftover ones, as they are usually good through end of month.

1 Like

What chat do people offer leftover ones on - where do I head for that? I’d be interested in keeping a lookout for my trip in August.

I remember on my visit to Disneyland we had a couple leftover because we just couldn’t get everything done and just offered them to people just queuing at the entrance of that ride.

Yes, you can do that to - give them to random folks and make a little magic for them.

The Lines app has a chat section. That is where you will find Liners offering stuff like that on occasion (as well as leftover - usually unopened :wink: - food/beverages that can be left at hotel bell services for you to pick up.

Great thanks for the tip!

1 Like

would it be possible to use rider swap where we go to the kiosk with dad, get the RS pass, then DS and I ride then and come back later with the RS fast pass? (Quote is not working for me)

I just want to make sure you know that you have to bring your 2 year old to the fast pass line too. Then you use the fast passes you and your son have- usually they give you a lanyard as you enter the line. Your husband and the baby go and do something else and when you and your son get on the ride you give them the lanyard and they give you the pass.

2 Likes