Question about Pop

we were in room 3165 which was facing the back of building one, if you think of the front of the resort as where the buses are, and was toward the end of the wing near building 4 and classic hall

Our first visit to POP we ended up in the furthest building from the lobby. It was terrible.

So on our second visit to POP, we paid the few extra $ a night and got preferred. Back side of the first building to the right when looking at the pool from the lobby. We had no pool noise and no noticeable foot traffic, even though we were on the 1st floors. It was worth EVERY CENT to be so close to the lobby.

2 Likes

I’m just glad you guys all agree that it’s not called “soda.”

2 Likes

Okay. After making a reservation at the Soda Century (@jcgoblue) resort for a Preferred room, (which, incidentally, we have no intention of actually staying in if we end up securing our DVC rental 11 months out) I was looking at the Room Finder on TP. I was surprised to find out FEW rooms there are with King beds. But the other rooms are two Double Beds. That just won’t work (my toes hang off the end of a double bed and my wife and I would end up having to sleep separately). So, how hard might it be, if/when the time comes, to secure a King Bed room specifically? I imagine my room request would need to be something like: “King Bed room, closest walking distance to Lobby, food, and transportation, preferably not first floor.”

Does that seem reasonable?

1 Like

The TP room finder is out-of-date on the double beds thing. All rooms at Pop are renovated and they all now either have 1 king or 2 queens (with 1 the pull down queen).

Ah! Very good. Thanks. :slight_smile:

King bed rooms are usually the accessible rooms.