Question about mobile ordering

Since it is sometimes difficult to predict exactly where you’ll be when you’re ready to eat, and since you often have to set up your mobile order many hours in advance, my family and I were wondering this morning:

Can you set up multiple mobile orders in advance and then cancel the one you don’t want/select prepare my meal for the one you do want, thereby giving yourself options from which to choose? Or does it charge you when you create it? Or does the system not allow that?

1 Like

You should be able to create more than one MO and you can modify and cancel them up until you select prepare my food. You could make some pretend orders from home now to try?

2 Likes

It seems to want to charge me when I set up the order.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Yes you have to have a credit card set up in your MDE or use ApplePay. If you create a mobile order all the way through it will be charged but you will be able to cancel it as long as you haven’t selected “I am here and prepare my food”. A CM told me that I could create a second mobile order and she could merge it for me after my husband wanted to modify the order but it was already in the preparation stage.

1 Like

Tried it for you. Created two MO at two different places for same time and cancelled both after paying. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: easy peasy.

6 Likes

Thanks for doing that!

So does it only actually charge my card after I pick up? I don’t want to charge and refund multiple times throughout my 10 day trip :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Also wondering: if you never hit prepare my food and your Mobile order pick up time passes will the order just fall off automatically without charging you

1 Like

It charges your card when you place the order… so yes, you would have multiple charges and refunds but the refunds are instantaneous after cancellation. All charges and refunds, on the practice I did, are showing as pending in my bank right now.

3 Likes

well… you are charged when you place the order. And I don’t know what happens if you are a NO show? I assume the order is cancelled after a time period and you are refunded; I think I read that somewhere too, but I’d have to research to confirm

1 Like

I can’t find a definitive answer anywhere. We had an order that disappeared after we were notified that it was ready. It wasn’t even in my history and I couldn’t pick up my order b/c I couldn’t show my MO at the window. A CM was able to look it up and we had to reorder it. She didn’t charge us and refunded the previous order too as kindness for our trouble. Disney Magic :star_struck: Hopefully someone else will have an answer for you… errr us :wink:

2 Likes

Oh, one other thing about MOs: You/I receive an email for all orders, cancellations to my email address attached to MDE. So there are records to use if there are issues.

2 Likes

I was actually playing around with this today and clicked the Terms link right before you submit your order. It says if you never click to Prepare Your Order, you are refunded at the end of the day. But if you do and you never pick it up, it’s not refundable.

8 Likes

Woohoo, thank you !!!

1 Like

Unless you call GS billing :crazy_face: like I had to after the poly guard wouldn’t let me in :weary:

4 Likes

You rock!

Multiple mobile orders FTW!

2 Likes

Good point. It’s also interesting that this says you won’t be charged if you don’t click to prepare…when as you showed above, really you will but will be refunded.

I may need to use this cancellation loophole later this week to place an MO at Roaring Fork when I really just want to be able to park to go to Geyser Point to eat.

2 Likes

The charges show as pending on your card/bank immediately after placing the order as do the cancellation refunds.

2 Likes

I wish GP had MO or walk up like 3 bridges.

1 Like

GP has walk up

I think she means a walk up list.

2 Likes