Question about mobile ordering

I wish GP had MO or walk up like 3 bridges.

1 Like

GP has walk up

I think she means a walk up list.

2 Likes

At least Disney is consistently inconsistent!

@TarHeelTiff I think @vcka said that they sometimes require you to tap “prepare my food” with them watching to enter the property? So maybe just put a couple drinks on the order and take them with you to Geyser Point?

2 Likes

Yes I did mean a walk up list. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Gotcha

1 Like

I’ve never been asked to click “prepare my order”. That was shared by someone else. Only once has my window for prep food happened b4 I got to a gate. The ONE time I had hit prepare my food, b4 going through a guard gate, was the ONE time a guard denied entry :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

You might have said and I’ve forgotten, if you miss your window, can you still click “prepare my order” late? (Does it, in effect, cancel at the end of the window or not until the end of the day?)

I really don’t know. I know you can see the order in your history for at least day. If you miss the window to prepare and still want it you should go to the CM at the QS entry, explain and they will help you.

1 Like

Oooo I was wondering about this. So is this how you could in theory joint the wait list for a table? GP is so unique because it isn’t a real TS but also not just a QS.

This is a great idea - might set orders in a couple locations that way we don’t have to hoof it across the park if we don’t want to.

1 Like

Yep, probably a good idea not to do full meals for this particular scenario. But if I have to get a drink and a cupcake or something…I could think of worse things!

1 Like

Does being on the walk up list allow you to park at a resort like an ADR would? We’ve talked about going to 3 Bridges (and I know this may not quite work depending on vicinity), but I wonder if being on the list would make a difference for getting into the lot.

I think @Tall_Paul1 said he couldn’t join the list until he was on the resort property

1 Like

Right. Always possible someone else has better luck, but I was pretty much constantly spamming the button to join the whole way from MCO into WDW and got nothing but ‘you are too far away’ until bus had pulled into CSR. If I were driving at that same time instead, I probably wouldn’t have been able to get on the list before getting through the gate, but it would be close.

3 Likes

This whole thing is stressing me out. We have used MO in the past, but only after we have gotten hungry and decided what we are in the mood for. We usually do 1 TS meal per day with an ADR, but decide on the fly what ever else we want to eat. It kind of sounds like now, you have to pre-plan everything you want to eat at least by early AM? What I am hearing is it’s going to be impossible to decide about QS at the last minute? Did you guys plan out all of your QS meals at home before your trips?

1 Like

You can MO any time you want but traditional meal times fill up fast and you might have to wait. This is true in the parks but not at resorts. Except for evening hours after the parks close. Traditional meal times are always busy either MO or waiting in a line.

1 Like

I was just playing around with mobile order the other night for fun since we haven’t had a chance to use it before. My daughter suggested it would be cool to buy some Dole Whips while we sat on the couch at home and just tell them to give them to the next people in line who want them. :smiley:

On a related note: Still doesn’t look like there’s a place to leave notes on a mobile order or am I missing it?

Our kids have allergies so we like to add that info to orders for handling purposes even if we’ve checked the food reference at the location before and it doesn’t have any issues for them.

2 Likes

I don’t know about this. I know my DD was very happy with all the special needs food choices on the menus. And all the details to inform guests.

1 Like

I went Oct 31-Nov 4 and again to just Epcot on March 8 and had no trouble getting mobile order times I wanted. We would pick our time about 30 minutes before we wanted to eat.

3 Likes