Question about getting specific rooms at WDW resorts

Hi, this is our first trip to Disney World and I’m a little confused about how I can actually get a specific room that I read about. I know which ones I’d like based on the descriptions in the Unofficial Guide and this pics on this website – but aside from faxing in my request 5 days before and hoping for the best how can I make it happen? The Guide talks about specific good rooms at properties booking up many months in advance – how does someone do that? Thanks for your help!

1. On the dashboard for your trip make sure that you have selected the hotel where you will be staying.
  2. Once your hotel is selected on the top of your dashboard you should see something like, “POP Century Requesting room: (click to find a room).” Click on the link. This will bring you to another page that will allow you to view selections of rooms.
  3. When you find one you like, on the top right of the pop-up window that shows the view from the room, you should see, “Click here to make a request for this room during your upcoming trip.” Click on that link, and you will be all set to have TP fax your request to WDW five days before your trip.
  4. To make any changes or to add a note to your request, click on “Edit fax,” which should now display next to your hotel on your dashboard.

I hope this helps.

Note: This doesn’t guarantee that you will get the particular room, but it should help increase your chances.

Thank you! Super helpful.