Question about adding points

I’m planning within the next year to add on 75 direct points at GF.
Was/is there some sort of caveat that depending on when you add your points and how close you do it to your use year that you get both the current and next years points available immediately?
I feel like I read that at some point in the past and can’t find it. My UY is June so when would be the best time to add if this is a thing?

If you do it before your banking deadline you may get that year’s allotment. I can’t recall if it was a special offer or just standard practice

With UY June you must have a banking deadline at end of January? So any time before that date should get you that year’s points if I’m remembering correctly

If you get direct points at any time before your current UY they will bank for you. I bought BWV in May for my August UY. I have heard of people buying the last day of the month before their new UY and banking that year.

2 Likes

There is also a special on through this weekend I believe where they will buy back that first year of points, which is essentially like getting $22 off per point. So if you want a June use year - buy now!

1 Like

Oof, if only I could right now!
I am waiting to pay off my current loan before adding points (will be paid by December!)
Then I have to gently remind my husband that we agreed to add more points after the previous ones were paid. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I have to remind him of the Disney math I did months ago showing it wouldn’t put us in financial ruin to add more. Lol.

3 Likes

Yes this!
I knew there was something.

1 Like

Let us know how we can help. We are good at enabling, as you may have noticed :smiling_imp:

1 Like

3 Likes