Q4 Earnings Call

With this, we know they are really saying, “Too many people are sharing entrees” but they’d rather make it sound like they are doing us a favor.

4 Likes

Cut portion size? So now instead of THREE potstickers I can get …ONE? And still pay the low low cost of $6?? WOOOO!!!

10 Likes

Genie applause.Bob

12 Likes

3 Likes

Help me out with a food gap in my upcoming plans.
Lunch at Brown Derby at 2PM. Christmas party at 7:00 and plan to stay until 1AM. I anticipate needing more food somewhere in there. (Despite the fact my waistline could use a break.) :laughing:
An ADR during the party is out, so that leaves carts/counter service. I am not one to be satisfied with snickerdoodles, ice cream and popcorn as a meal. Will the egg roll cart, turkey leg stand etc. be open during the party? Suggestions?

you only get 2 eggrolls and they’re tiny. I would hit up Sleepyhollow

4 Likes

Every company and every restaurant does an analysis of the food they serve and whether or not it’s profitable for them to serve that serving size.

I absolutely, 100% guarantee Disney is already making a fabulous profit on every speck of food, snack or bakery item that they sell in the parks and the prices are already expensive.

This is another open sign that the company doesn’t give a crap about guests and only wants to increase profits even more and don’t carry how obvious they are.

I’m sure they’ve done this “reduce portion size to maximize profit” thing a dozen times over the past 30 years but never in this out front, twirling their mustaches laughing all the way to the bank way.

9 Likes

100%

I’m a neighbor county to @Alewis678

This is the real funnel cake, made fresh. A snack for multiple people.

And yes, small soft pretzel shops (preferably amish). I like Immergut in Intercourse, PA.

And of course the many dipping sauces to go with them.

5 Likes

Totally agree. It really bugs me because it deflects what might be Disney’s decision to shrink portion sizes even more, onto the customer. This is really about doing them a favor.

Also, Chapek announced publicly that they are considering getting into sports betting. Maybe someday I will stay at SSR and be able to go and bet on the ponies.

3 Likes

I’m in a similar situation now too. I plan on hitting up Pecos Bill’s as soon as I get to MK so I’ll be in the Frontierland/ Adventureland area for rides, Reindeer Wranglers and the parade. It’s my favorite qs in MK and the kids menu there is plenty big enough. Also leaves room for all the cookies, ice creams, and other party treats.

2 Likes

HersheyPark now has a pretzel stand with freshly rolled and baked pretzels with dipping sauces near the Skyview. It is yummy and surprisingly affordable for an amusement park as of last December.

Anyway, back to the original purpose of this thread.

1 Like

Oh nice!

Sorry…yes…focus…Q4 Earnings :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

If 1/3 of guests are currently using G+ when it’s not real busy, we could see 2/3 guests using it with high crowds?

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Don’t be crazy!!!

If the family hover underneath when I’m eating one they might get a burst of powder or two if they’re lucky!!

8 Likes

I’m not a huge soft pretzel kind of guy. I enjoy them from time to time (although, I tend to knock off all the salt, since I’m in it for the pretzel, not the salt…the salt seems to be little more than excuse to hide poorly made pretzels).

Having said that, when we were there last December, we tried the Jalepeno Cream Cheese Stuffed pretzel, as well as the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Stuff pretzel (at the time, available at the Lunching Pad), and they were INCREDIBLE. Loved them. Possibly my new favorite snack in WDW. Sadly, when I returned for a day this past May, the no longer have them, and are just selling “Superpretzel” branded pretzels. Um. No thank you.

As far as “normal pretzels”, the Wetzel’s Pretzels in Disney Springs are much better than anything else we’ve found on property. (At least, according to my son, who loves soft pretzels.)

1 Like

This is probably it - the sharing entrees thing.

BUT reading forums (not just/necessarily this one) is such a contradiction - you have some people who complain that an entree is “tiny” but then others will ask about splitting the exact same entree because it’s “huge”.

4 Likes

I find it varies by restaurant and meal. I heard people talking about huge portions at BOG breakfast when it was QS. When I ate there, I thought it was barely enough to fill me up. My kids complained about their meals too. But when I had eaten their lunch, I thought the portion sizes were closer to TS servings and you could have definitely shared those meals.

1 Like

Oh I get that things vary from place to place.

But I am talking about a discussion on another forum about the exact same entree at the same restaurant (I forget the exact one, but I know it was the same entree and same restaurant) and one was complaining that the entree was too small and one was asking about splitting it because it was too big.

Different people have different ideas of what is big and what is small.

1 Like

Good strategy. I see Pecos’ closes at 7 and I can’t get into the park ‘til 7. Bummer! Never eaten there and the menu looks solid. :frowning:

2 Likes

TWSS … :joy:

8 Likes

This is like buying shoes or clothes from Amazon based on the reviewer comments.

Reviewer 1: “Normally I don’t need a wide, but I bought a size 9, and the shoe was way too narrow.”

Reviewer 2: “I bought a size 9, and it was a perfect fit!”

Reviewer 3: “Even if you usually buy a wide, I’d go with a regular instead, since I was practically walking out of the 9W’s I bought. Had to return them.”

3 Likes