Putting the Genie(+) back into the lamp

But since G+ just offers you the next available 1-hour time slot for Frozen I wonder what’s the chances that that window will open shortly after you exit Frozen?
Or will you find yourself with a significant lag between rides?
:thinking:

3 Likes

My little girl that beamed at all the princesses in the castle at breakfast on her 7th birthday, spent her 17th birthday Disney Bounding Belle in MK during an After Hours event …complete w/ an early dinner at Be Our Guest.

Yesterday she (now 20yo) went hiking in her new Haunted Mansion flannel shirt. :sunglasses:

There is definitley hope! :heart:

3 Likes

Yeah I hope so.
The last time I took my eldest to WDW she was DD6.
On our next trip, she’ll be DD28.
(And this time, she’s not missing out on HM!)

1 Like

It all depends on how many folks are pulling Fast Passes, err, Lightning Lanes that day. Using MaxPass at DL we were able to hop from headliner to headliner with little to no wait most of the time. For many of the rides it would have been fine to just book the same ride again with limited waiting. Now some of the more popular rides that wouldn’t be an option of course (GotG, Indy, Matterhorn, Cars). But I think it will likely be possible to use G+ like that unless they artificially constrain it for some reason…

2 Likes

So…this is a problem. What do you CALL the passes you get access to the LL? It is confusing.

In the FPP days, FPP was the SYSTEM you used, but what you got to access the Fast Pass+ line was still a FastPass. So, you could say, “I got a FP for ride X.” Or you could say, “How many FPP passes did you get?” That kind of thing.

So, if we access the LL (which is the line itself), we have two methods of access. Using G+ is one. So, are we using “G+ passes”? And if you use paid LL access, are we using LL passes? But then, that could be confused with G+ passes as well, since both use the LL, so we have to say, “paid LL passes” versus G+ passes?

Maybe LLP is a pass that you directly pay for (even though a G+ pass you indirectly pay for access to the same LL?), and G+P is a G+ pass??

I feel the naming system for this whole thing is kind of adding to the confusion. It should be obvious and clearcut.

2 Likes

G+ and LL$ get you LPs - Lightning Passes which gives you access to the Lightning Lane…Works perfectly as who doesn’t love an overloaded acronym to sew greater confusion around the world? :rofl:

1 Like

So, we call ANY pass that gets you into a LL a “Lightning Pass”, or LP, regardless of whether it was through G+ or paid LL (LL$)?

You could have a lag for sure. Especially for those most popular rides. I just know in DL with the Maxpass you weren’t limited to 1 pass per attraction because I rode BTMRR 5 times in one day bc it’s just so much better than WDW. Your only limitation there was how soon the next pass would be available.

5 Likes

Sure - why not? After all you can derive the source of an LP based on the ride so there’s no overlap or point of confusion there, at least for G+ or LL$. I guess the 2 boarding group rides allow overlap for the LP if it is free or bought…

Agree!

I’m not sure we ever rode anything back to back using MaxPass, but we definitely double-dipped with multiple passes for the same ride in the course of a day. Honestly we loved using MaxPass for our one DL trip - incredibly convenient and efficient. MaxPass did have the benefit of having a ton of options between the 2 parks so that you could easily park hop. WDW doesn’t have that so the attraction density is really only good at MK which may affect customer satisfaction greatly.

3 Likes

I was surprised to read recently that some ride - not recalling at present which one - is 10 years old. I’ve not been on it yet. :thinking: Altho I was thinking I’d give it a try.

FoP and Tower of Terror are never happening tho. :grin:

Your point has some validity, of course.

Does it help that there’s only one way to get an LP for any given attraction?

1 Like

Yeah it’ll be interesting.
I recall when the demo asked why a ride had been recommended Genie listed that it was close to the ride the person has just ridden.
I wonder if that logic will extend to G+ or if it will avoid recommending repeat rides (i.e., recommend X because you haven’t ridden it yet)

That sounds unconfusing. :expressionless:

2 Likes

@ryan1 Ha! I had touched on this previously! :joy:

3 Likes

The term Fastpass has gone the way of Kleenex. I find myself calling any and all skip the line passes from any park a Fastpass! (Just as I will forever blow my nose using a Kleenex, and never a facial tissue, despite the fact we never actually buy Kleenex brand!)

2 Likes

I’d like to hear Disney officially say that term. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Proposal for naming convention for when people paid money just for one ride. Either

LL$ or LP$

Basically swap out the “P” or “+” that people are used to for Fast Pass Plus.
I don’t think Disney marketing would approve, but Oh well.

I just thought of something additional. They said the price will vary. So, when we think the price is really obnoxious, it could be LL$$$. I’ll probably stick with LL$$$ all the time.

Then if you get access to the LL using Genie+, it could be

LL, LP, LL+ or LP+.

Thinking about it, I prefer the options without the +. The + might confuse people with the IAS version.

I like the LL$$ or LL$$$

But I like G+ for the Genie access. It reminds me of Andy Griffith in Rustler’s Rhapsody.

Any time I can put a funny spin on an irritating thing is a good time.

1 Like