Putting the Genie(+) back into the lamp

What was said is that the plan is to reduce the % allocated to LL compared to FP+. Whether that ends up being the case, we will see.

1 Like

What do you mean by this? Are you saying people will have more time to get in more LLs than they did with FPP? It’s possible, but if people are using their LLs on high-capacity, fast-loading rides or shows, it could have minimal impact vs. if people are somehow able to get on a headliner multiple times.

2 Likes

At one LL every 90 minutes, that can mean 6-8 LLs per day.

1 Like

I checked the EP numbers from my June day. It was predicted a 5 but actual 6. I am trying to think of anything that was closed in the park that would have been open precovid. The China Pavilion? What else?

1 Like

Oh Epcot, yeah 6 is pretty high for June. Was that the 17th? Maybe nothing else closed there, but that early crowd bump at EP is always short term right?

1 Like

I had posted previously somewhere my ballpark numbers: The average guest in FPP days may have averaged about 4. I’d guess the average G+ guest may use 5 or 6 in a day. They will most likely still use some SB, for reasons of availability, not at a convenient location, etc. Just guesswork…

It is a factor, but not big enough to offset the 50% of guests using it, instead of 100%.

2 Likes

No, the 24th and it was brutal. I personally don’t care if I don’t go on attractions at EP but I don’t know how a first timer will handle those waits or longer.

1 Like

I think the posted waits have been shocking, especially to guests who think they’re true. You can see how the waits settle down after the morning. And even though the posted waits averaged 38 minutes, the actual waits averaged only 20-25 minutes in the course of the whole day!

1 Like

I am curious where this number comes from. I just doubt it is accurate. So many people I have spoken to about trips outside of forums often weren’t really even aware how important FPPs were and hadn’t planned them. We would get three, but sometimes never even used the third one on all our days, and we’re Uber planners.

1 Like

Just guessing. Some used 0, some used 3, some used 5, some used 8…

2 Likes

When I got off FEA at 10:55 the line was past China (winding around a few places). That was definitely not the longest line .

Yes, when the storms came through around 4 the place cleared out. The outdoor booths closed I believed.

1 Like

I’m thinking lines in 2020 and 2021 are affected by less entertainment and fewer eating establishments. In December it seemed most of World Showcase was closed or just plain silly. I don’t mind a fish taco but not with breaded cod.

Will park reservations continue and will they not contribute to the dynamics of standby lines, Genie+ and LL?

Just because you can get one after 90 minutes doesn’t mean one will be available. Same as FP, sometimes there wasn’t anything available to pull. So it’s reasonable that if they do make LL less a % of capacity than FP+, it’s a win for standby.

1 Like

On the other hand, if people are paying for Genie+ and can’t get the LL access they are paying for, it will not go over well! So, they can’t limit it too much

1 Like

I wonder if DL had that problem with MaxPass on busy days? We always went at pretty low crowd times.

2 Likes

That might work for the folks who go often. We go every 5-10 years. Skip until next trip is a long time. And then there are the once-in-a-lifetime folks.

4 Likes

I read a speculation that G+ wouldn’t let you get the same ride reservation back-to-back. So, if you just checked into Frozen using a G+ reservation, you couldn’t get another Frozen while waiting in line at Frozen. Obviously no one knows for sure, so I wonder did MaxPass have that limitation?

We are one of the skip-until-next-trip isn’t an option.

1 Like

You could get multiple of the same pass at DL.

3 Likes

Yeah “next trip” isn’t always an option.
Mind you, I guess I could always put DD7 in suspended animation or just hope she retains her childish glee when she’s DD17

1 Like

But since G+ just offers you the next available 1-hour time slot for Frozen I wonder what’s the chances that that window will open shortly after you exit Frozen?
Or will you find yourself with a significant lag between rides?
:thinking:

3 Likes