Punching my friends in the face

Just keep in mind that if planning is the best part of the trip to make sure they know what’s what.
Maybe see if they’d be interested in making a list of preferences for attractions or at least rate each ride based on if they like the sound of it or not.
Nothing too spoilery, but build up their anticipation.

4 Likes

Actually one of the things that really pleased me about Anty and Stuey was that I know they’ve secretly been watching videos about WDW and UOR. And then making demands. Paul? Not so much.

9 Likes

NO!!! It’s my favorite. Not sure why. My kids (13 and 19) love it to and we’ve been known to go twice.

2 Likes

I’ll wager my entire fortune (we’re literally talking tens of dollars) that if I took them there they’d moan the whole time and say it was stupid and boring and they didn’t know that I was taking them to a museum.

7 Likes

They are right.

1 Like

Definitely pass CoP.

Submit that a few attractions need to be included as yardsticks for boring. Maybe it’s a small world - which has the added advantage of being well known.

Then: well that ride wasn’t great but it still beat *.

We like to start with plenty of room to improve.

4 Likes

You are!

1 Like

I agree with starting at AK and I’m not a “Disney Person”. The tree & Pandora blow me away. Also there is a variety of things to do. I am anti-tusker house though.

3 Likes

Why?

1 Like

I totally agree with your AK plan.

Have you beem at Christmas? It is magical at AK. The decorations in each of the lands, the charming puppets. You absolutely have to make sure you are in Asia at night because the lighting is just beautiful. If you don’t do a Tusker House lunch, grab something in Harambe market, just because it is so dang immersive.

And I think Christmas gives HS pumped up charm. The 50’s era kitschy decorations make HS more than just a string of rides IMO. Plus it snows at night on Hollywood Blvd.

Magic Kingdom is tricky. It can sneak up on people and win them over or it can be an over priced crowded nightmare where you have to walk way to far. Agree with whoever talked about how beautiful it is in the morning and I love it at night. So consider skipping the middle of the day. I like HM and Adeveturland for night time.

Okay, so I seem to have a theme going here. I think night time is the way to go in general. At a minimum you get Christmas lights, night time shows and fewer strollers.

9 Likes

No, you were right the first time

1 Like

If they’re going to be that cranky, why aren’t you getting them drunk at Festival of the Holidays first, then shoving their asses on a bus to whichever park you want to go to?

12 Likes

If you skip CoP I’ll come and sing the song outside your hotel room door while you sleep, so it haunts you.

9 Likes

Is this word a UK thing? My friend in the UK uses it often. I always thought it was him and not something others in the UK used often.

2 Likes

I’ve heard it in the US but i think we borrowed it from British tv. And the spice girls. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

6 Likes

Yes it’s a UK word that we use all the time. If we’re talking about posh things or people, obviously.

4 Likes

People in the US generally use it if they want to sound more sophisticated than they are.

8 Likes

Have none of you seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

9 Likes

That’s funny because it’s definitely not a sophisticated word.

4 Likes

I always took it as more of a mocking thing.

2 Likes