PT’s February Trip Home

Awesome photos. Loving following you around…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

We will be leaving soon for DAH. We just got back from HS. This was our third time there this week and we said good bye on our way out. RnR. ToT, SDD, a late lunch and a new experience for my son’s girlfriend.

19 Likes

So after a 4 hour flight delay, we’re not going to make it. Very disappointed in Southwest today. Going to drown my sorrows in Sanaa bread service to go and try to regroup for tomorrow. :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

I am sorry! Sanaa is a good place to find comfort.

4 Likes

Thursday night we went to MK After Hours. If we had down this first we most likely would have been disappointed in AK. One example: in MK there were carts all over the place! Each cart was giving away popcorn, ice cream and drinks. In AK we found three and one did not have ice cream. In MK there were a couple of QS options open. In AK there was not.

I will admit we did some unusual attractions but we had a blast!

We ended up going on: Jungle Cruise, Country Bears, Magic Carpets, BTMRR x3 (first time ever we got to stay on a ride and go again), Astro Orbitor, Space x3, Buzz, Haunted Mansion, and Under the Sea. We did 7DMT and Pirates earlier in the day.

19 Likes

Today we spent the day at AK. As I am writing this I am waiting for our Tiffins ADR, we are here

We started the day we another ride on Everest and something we never do-

We had to cancel out FoP FP to allow enough time to make it to our FoLK Tier 1 package. We haven’t had our dinner yet but I can tell you- this package is amazing.

Our view:

Then a safari that took us “behind the story “

19 Likes

I am so excited to hear your thoughts on the FOTLK Tier 1 package. We have a reservation for it in June.

1 Like

I had the 3:00 show and 6:25 dinner at Tiffins. We checked into Tiffins around 2:15. I wanted to confirm the timing because I had a 2:20 FoP FP and I missed the 11:01 drop. They asked us to be at the exit of FoLK 15-25 minutes before our show. When we got there they checked us in and walked us to the front seats

This must have been the 20th time I saw this show. I have never watched it from this perspective. I could hear the beads on the costumes clicking as they hit each other . I will admit by the end of the show I was on tre verge of sobbing. It was that good. As the show ended a CM from the education team ran over to us and walked the three parties on the package out. There was a total of 9 of us and two guides. We then went on a safari where they pointed out all the fences, the night barns, and “Disney real” items. They answered all questions on the Safari and then stayed after to answer even more. At that point it was about 90 minutes after we started (4:30). When I cancelled my FoP we booked PW so we did that and then went to Nomads before outer 6:25 dinner.

Today was either my 6th or 7th time at Tiffins? At dinner we realized that I think I have been to Tiffins more often than any other restaurant at Disney. I have read reports that it had declines. That was not my experience tonight. The package came with a glass of champagne, a choice of beer or wine- appetizers, entree, and dessert. Honestly, I thought I had received full value of the charge before the meal. The meal turned this experience into something that I cannot recommend enough.

I forgot to get pictures of the appetizers but I had curried mussels and my family had mushroom soup and everything was great. Entrees pictured are butter chicken and surf and turf.

23 Likes

Thanks for so many details, have this booked for our May trip and now I’m even more excited!

3 Likes

Amazing trip report. So glad to read about the FotLK package. Which do you think is the best entree at Tiffins? Also very glad to see you finally got to enjoy CBJ. Love those bears!

3 Likes

My son loved the surf and turf but the lobster tail should have had more flavor? His girlfriend had the butter chicken and it was very good. We were not worried about getting the most value out of the meal since the pieces before it were such great experiences. My curry mussels were amazing.

So- about CBJ- that put my meet with Big Al in a whole new light…

5 Likes

Your trip sounds so awesome. I love DAH at MK.
I loved the FOTLK package when I did it in December (the mussels were so tasty). I couldn’t get a reservation for the tier 1 package next week so we are doing tier 2. I

3 Likes

Good to know! Thanks!

1 Like

So is your son’s girlfriend a Disney fan yet?

I think so, but she also “wants to go other places”. What’s that about?

9 Likes

Fickle youth :wink:.

1 Like

Your meal at Tiffins looks delicious

3 Likes

Saturday was our last day. We started our day at Disney Springs.

On Tuesday we went to The Void and did the Star Wars experience. This time we did Ralph Breaks the Internet. Although we enjoyed it, we preferred the Star Wars experience. A couple of things we noticed this week: Tuesday was a much better day to go to The Void. On Saturday they were running both experiences and there were about 25-40 people there at opening. On Tuesday there were about 10. One big issue with Ralph was that we could hear some boy yelling throughout the experience. My son thought it was through our headsets, but he could have been yelling on the course.

After the Void we went to Morimoto’s.

14 Likes

I made sure that we had time at Copper Creek during the week. We spent Saturday afternoon there before we went to ‘Ohana for dinner. No pictures, but we were seated immediately and it was a great last meal.

Saturday night was MK to end our trip. BTMRR, Space, PeopleMover and a new meet. I do not have photopass pictures (it seems my account is crossed with many, many others) but I took these while waiting

Our last special event of the week was the HEA after dessert party. It said the event started at 7. Our BTMRR FPran late and by 7:15 it was challenging to get across the park. This is the viewing area 30 minutes before the show

17 Likes

Tink is a REALLY fun meet! I like her a lot!

5 Likes