Prude, Lewd, Rude and Crude — ADR planning

One of my DDs doesn’t like it either but my DS thinks it’s a must do every trip.

5 Likes

Same!

1 Like

I agree and I see Sci-Fi pop up quite frequently. Even this past Saturday DD saw one day of and parks were crazy busy!

4 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I think you might be overthinking this. Paul wants a “traditional Christmas dinner” but maybe that means a more formal setting with no burgers and fries in sight. In that case, any of your choices fit the bill. If I were bringing people with only one chance to visit WDW, I would pick BOG or CRT over LTT based on the overall experience.

2 Likes

That doesn’t really sound like the kind of thing I would do.

Anthony and Stuart have been very clear they do not want a diet of burgers while they are here.

I understood that to mean turkey with all the trimmings. In other words what US people have for Thanksgiving. In which case LTT is perfect.

Well that has been my priority: experience dining. Which LTT is not.

Here’s where I’ve landed.

Paul also requested a “posh” dinner and that’s going to be at Citrico’s — we need an excuse to visit GF, I’ve never been, I love the refurb and I think it fits the bill. I’m going to say that this is also the Christmas dinner and will make it so by transferring the giving of gifts and pulling of homemade no-snap crackers and wearing of party hats to this meal. (The plan for this meal was always to go back to the hotel and change. Which means we can pick up the gifts and party stuff then, rather than carrying them around all day. So it’s just a better plan all round.)

That means I can ditch LTT and shoot for CRT ideally, and BOG if not. If this is going to be their once-in-a-lifetime trip then you have to have dinner in the Castle, right?

I will also shoot for Sci-Fi because I think the experience will be fun. If I luck out then we can always do H&V. It won’t be on the same day as Chef Mickey so maybe not too much character overkill. (We could do Docking Bay 7 but I don’t think they’ll love the menu and we’re already doing Ronto Roasters.)

5 Likes

I’m curious why you would bother with H&V if you don’t get SciFi? If it were me, I just wouldn’t bother with an ADR that day and either keep checking on SciFi or skip the sit down that day.

2 Likes

Just did a trial run. Found BOG at 60 days no problem. So if I’ll shoot for CRT first, but won’t be too disappointed if I end up with BOG.

3 Likes

We’re pretty keen on doing sit-down meals most of the time. I agree that I would keep checking for Sci-Fi but H&V is better than nothing?

2 Likes

Found Oga reservations no problem, too.

2 Likes

But no Sci-Fi.

(I’m checking 60 days from today at 8.30am EST, so well after the time reservations open up.)

1 Like

I have to confess that sit-down meals at WDW have lost their luster for me. For your group, where each meal is a novelty, they may enjoy them more. Would they rather be harassed at 50’s? Is that a day where you need to stay at HS?

Completely unrelated, when are you fitting in IHOP?

No Chef Mickey, no Ohana.

1 Like

That’s already on the schedule.

Departure day breakfast. We won’t have park tickets for that day.

2 Likes

Hmm. So I’m not seeing any CP dining package availability 60 days out from today (which is a Saturday), but I am seeing it 59 and 58 days out (not Saturdays). Either they didn’t load them yet, or weekends are busier for CP. (There are all test bookings, not my actual ones.)

I currently have my CP planned for a Saturday and Sci-Fi planned for a Friday. I’m thinking I should swap these days round. That gives me CP not on a weekend, and Sci-Fi at 60+3. It would also mean the posh meal will be on our last night, which is kinda nice.

1 Like

Is your MK night a party or non-party night?

Non-party, but extended hours for deluxe guests, i.e. not us.

1 Like

Always good to end on a high note.

BTW with your adding CP, swapping LTT for CRT or BOG and SciFi for a character meal, I take back everything I said about your planned budget being reasonable.

2 Likes

Assuming everyone picks the most expensive item at a la carte restaurants, the current estimated cost of dining is $3,132 against a budget of $2,800.

3 Likes

So only about $1,300 over budget. For now.

(I can only say that because you live too far away to throw a shoe at me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

1 Like