Problems w/ Disney Gift Cards

I just got back from a long weekend at DW. The night before we left, I went to the front desk to pay my purchases with some e-gift cards we’d bought through a 3rd party (GiftCardBin.com). In short, some of them worked, some of them didn’t. The lady helping me tried several things to get them to work, but to no avail. Again, I bought them ALL from the same place. And, if you go to Disney’s gift card site and type in the numbers, it shows them as having the correct amount on them.

The next day, we tried to use them at Disney Springs. Wouldn’t work. We tried using them on ShopDisney.com. Nothing. We tried transferring the balances to a physical gift card and use them that way. Nope.

I would understand it if I was just given faulty numbers, but again, Disney themselves can see that there is a balance on them.

Has anyone encountered this and, if so, what did you do?

1 Like

Found out the answer to my own question…I have “merchandise credits”, not actual gift cards. I can only use them in an actual Disney store that’s not at the theme parks. Oh, well.

Yeesh, that stinks. Never would have occurred to me that was a thing.

1 Like

But some of them worked?

1 Like

Wow did they say they were merch credits?

1 Like

Some of them worked because, by happenstance, I bought some actual gift cards, too. I called the gift card number and they confirmed to me all 4 were merchandise credits. Guess my wife is getting a nice Dooney purse and some Pandora charms for Christmas!

1 Like