Probably Cancelling Grand Floridian For December - Where to stay?

Yes you can take the dark orange road, I drive at WDW quite a lot. No need to go the long way around Epcot. Google says it is about 6.5 miles from Home 2 Suites to the TTC. AKL is the same distance, so Home 2 Suites seems pretty ideal for an offsite hotel.

2 Likes

I’m starting to think of the “good neighbor” hotels too.

The Holiday Inn Disney Springs has a lot of great reviews.

OK is this like the green dress, silver dress challenge or whatever it was?

I see a red X and a purple X (no crosses at all). And I only see one orange line, neither dark nor light, just orange.

2 Likes

It could well be the contrast / color settings on your monitor. The marks could be called crosses or Xs. The light orange line is the hand drawn route. The dark orange part is the line that goes through the E in Epcot.

Our frequent stay points are with Hilton. I haven’t stayed at a Home2 yet, but from what I’ve seen they look nice.

Apparently so!

DH is from Florida and I’m not.

When we first met (nearly 50 years ago) we had the most fun :wink: with nouns. One example: to me, a gopher is a furry rodent who digs underground tunnels. To him, a gopher is a dry land turtle.

There were others but who recalls now . .

My only complaint about Home2Suites is that they are seriously a concrete box. 0 soundproofing which got old after a while.

1 Like

I think in general, you will be sacrificing transportation by going off-site. I have found off-site hotels to have worse bus service than Disney hotels in general. I’m sure there are exceptions, but that’s what I’ve seen. Uber/Lyft work but they drop you off at the TTC rather than at the MK, so it will add about 10-20 minutes to the trip to catch the monorail or Ferry.

So the savings is substantial, but if transportation to the MK is a priority, I’m not sure there’s a great option and you will be sacrificing there.

2 Likes