Probability of MK closing due to crowd levels?

We arrive at Disney on Mardi Gras (February 17 2015).

In my infinite wisdom, I thought starting our trip by visiting the Princesses would be a magical way to start the trip for DD5. I built a touring plan that lets us visit Princesses Anna, Elsa, Cinderella, Rapunzel, and possibly Ariel. I have FP+ for Anna, Elsa, Cinderella, and Rapunzel. We are scheduled to arrive at MK at 6pm.

I just realized that on my Princess visits evening, MK will be at a CL 10. Now I’m concerned I’ve messed up.

My question is: What is the likelihood that they have a Phase 4 closure? The other phases shouldn’t effect me because we are staying at ASMovies.

Thanks in advance

I would thnk that it is highly unlikely. In fact, I don’t think that there has ever been a “Phase 4” closure due to crowd levels.

From what I saw on www.wdwmagic.com, it has happened in the past, albeit not recently at MK.

My concern is because every unofficial site I’ve seen says crowd levels will be unusually high due to Valentine’s Day, President’s Day, and Mardi Gras all falling in the same week.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Yes, there have been closures, but I don’t recall seeing a full “Phase 4” closure - but the again, I’ve never gone during peak times, so I’m not too concerned about that. :wink:

One thing to bear in mind is that the various “Phases” are just guesses, as WDW does not publish its park closure guidelines http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/capacity-closures

I was terrified of being there christmas/NY week last week at CL10 - but with RD, EMH, FPP and great TP it didn’t even phase us. It was crowded to walk especially very crowded at parade times but I’d do it again for sure. Not doing RD though would have been pretty different I imagine.

Thanks for the reassuring comments. I agree that being prepared using the tools like TPs and FPP will be the keys to success. My worry/fear comes from the fact that I have put all the major Princesses into one evening TP not realizing that it was a crowd level 10 day. As long as we are allowed into MK, it will be the perfect evening.