Prioritize Extended Hours or Lower Crowds - Revisited

When I read, “We will be visiting 8/13-8/20”, I was, whoa, this is the same trip I’m planning. I knew about MNSSHP and planned around it the same as you. I did NOT know about the THU early MK closure at 7p.

After reading all the replies, it’s made me feel fine about sticking with my original plan as well. We are me, DW, DS14, DS11, DS7.

We will be visiting 8/13-8/22 with 6-day tickets, staying at Beach Club. My plan is:

Saturday: Early evening arrival and playing in the pools.
Sunday: AK - EMH. Might close it if we watch enough shows / ride the train
Monday: Epcot - EMH + EEH
Tuesday: TL (sleep in though and make it a relaxing day)
Wednesday: MK - EMH + EEH
Thursday - Want BB but will go back to TL if BB is closed still. A later and more relaxing day than TUE.
Friday - HS - EMH
Saturday - the rest of MK (and seconds on favorites)
Sunday - the rest of HS (and seconds on favorites)
Monday - Checkout and Checkin to Loews Royal Pacific!

Now my fingers are crossed that I can get all my ADRs and Savi/Depot reservations tomorrow (I wasn’t smart enough to know about those “leading” reservations I’ve read about recently).

2 Likes

We will see you around the parks! The fact that our park days are identical really supports my idea that our plan pretty much built itself. If our kids were a bit older, I could see us visiting the water parks for our rest days. But with a 5 year old that just sounds exhausting right now! Good luck with your ADRs!

The Poly splash park is perfect for a 5 year old. You definitely don’t need a waterpark!

1 Like

I’m glad to hear this! For all the planning I’ve done, I haven’t looked too much into the details of the resort amenities. I am so looking forward to our resort days and pool time!!

1 Like

The last time we did WDW was pretty much the same Aug dates in 2019. Same 10day/9night/6 park days/2 water park days. That was (at that time) with 11yo, 8yo, 4yo (turned 4 just 4 days before we left).

We still enjoyed the waterparks immensely. There is no judging here (by me) on your personal decision. Just letting you in on our experience. It was our first time ever at WDW water parks, so maybe the new experience was enough to keep us ‘tolerant’ during the day.

2 Likes