Princess 5k 2024 for Non-Runners: a Motivational Thread

Training setback. Developed shingles over the weekend; and it’s no joke. Too young to get vaccine - so extra frustrated. Back to walking this week(s).

2 Likes

Oh man! Hope you’re feeling better soon!

1 Like

Oh that is terrible! I hope you feel better soon!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words. DS12 and I ran together last night and it was the best. What a joy to spend time with our kiddo. It was a little more than an hour, so we have a target to start working towards as a TEAM.

5 Likes

Hypothetically, how fast would one need to walk the 5K to stay ahead of the balloon ladies and also stop for a few photos?

3 Likes

There are no balloon ladies in the 5K

4 Likes

I assume there is still a time constraint though right?

1 Like

I imagine so but there’s no minimum pace noted.

If you’re wondering if your friend could do it, yes they could :wink:

4 Likes

Oh I’m sure all my friends could do it! It’s me I’m worried about :wink:

5 Likes

You could do it too.

3 Likes

In the absence of injury or disability, I think anyone can finish a 5k. Its only like 6-7,000 steps. The hardest part will be the early wakeup. But, if you are walking and stopping for photos, then you may actually run into a hard time limit. I’m not sure how they do it for the 5ks since there’s no pace/time requirement. I would guess that since no roads are closed (except maybe the first mile), they don’t sweep at all, but the course volunteers and photo spots will start packing up at some point. I bet the finish line is set up pretty late though.

I think everyone should do at least 1 Disney race in their life. @ThorKat you can do it!

3 Likes

I was just about to write that 3.1 miles is only 6000ish steps also. A pretty slow walking pace would be an hour and a half (only 2 mph)…that seems doable unless there are lines for the characters?

3 Likes

I would not worry about the time constraint. This past January I recall seeing someone just starting about an hour and forty-five minutes after I did. I was waiting for the buses back to the resort and saw some people still beginning their journey.

5 Likes

Thank you all!

I’m throwing this around in my head.

7 Likes

Make it happen. You know you want to :blush:

5 Likes

Saw this just now.

I needed it for me but I thought you might need it too

8 Likes

I’ve been informed by @Enchantedbythemouse that I am doing this :rofl: you and I can be slow pokes together :turtle::sloth:

5 Likes

@ThorKat the only thing you need to throw around in your head is what princess you will be when you walk with us. :princess: June 20 is the registration date.

5 Likes

That is so soon!! :astonished:

5 Likes

I have dibs on Belle! Then if my family joins I can make them dress as Beast and Chip :wink:

5 Likes