Preschoolers on DCL Verandah

I just remembered another cruise related time change mishap. It’s a wonder I’ve ever gotten home.

2 Likes

Sorry, unless it is something totally exclusive, I have not found much that Pete from the DIS does like. He comes off as a total snob for whom anything less than concierge level and higher is “not worth it”. He’s basically not someone I put any trust in because of that attitude.

I find the shows fabulous - especially Tangled, Frozen, and OMG Beauty and the Beast (not sure which ship you’re on, so I don’t know which you’ll get).

As far as kids and the shows… I always have late seating, so the earlier shows. BUT most kids I’ve observed do not go by their regular bedtime while on vacation.

2 Likes

I understand these 2 words, but not when used together? :laughing:

3 Likes

Agreed!

1 Like

Oh I completely agree. It’s just literally the only DCL podcast I can find! And somehow all the blogs link back to his videos. If the only nice thing he has to say about DCL is the spa then I think he should probably try other ships.

1 Like

Look up Disney Cruise Line Blog Podcast. Scott and his family aren’t my faves, but they’re at least a bit less snobbish about it.

Pete is just as critical about other ships. I listened to one about Celebrity and while he liked a few things besides the spa, he made it clear that he only stays in suites and would only ever stay in suites - and ribs his co-presenters who stay in regular cabins. I guess maybe they’d say it’s his sense of humor? It comes off as mildly abusive to me.

1 Like

Hmm, I swear this is where I got the links to Pete’s podcast but now it looks different. Thanks! This blog has definitely been really helpful but somewhere along the lines I think it linked me to the Dis which I’m not as much a fan of.

1 Like

Interesting. I haven’t listened to DCL Blog in a while - maybe it’s being sponsored by Dreams Unlimited now? The DCL subforum is usually pretty helpful on there.

For the podcast, just search in your podcast app - I know it’s on Apple’s app.

1 Like