Premier Access and Standby Return come to DLP

Especially if you’re with kids or other inpatient types.
Can’t imagine planning “OK Tuesday we’ll use FP but Wednesday we’ll commit to intense misery instead…”

6 Likes

But if the long lines are replaced with the Standby Return, that lessens the pain a little. Depends if you can have more than one at a time of course.

I’m thinking:

Early Entry:

• ride 1 or 2 headliners, get in line for 3rd before the park opens for the offsite guests. d
  • then get a Standby Return for a 4th ride as soon as they become available, according to what we still want to do.

On one of our days per park, purchase a bundle of 3 FPs for the remaining must-do attractions.

It would still need some serious advance planning IMO. Know what you want to do; use all the Lines knowledge on which rides to head for in early entry; again use Lines knowledge about which rides quickly become available for Standby Return; be prepared to alter touring plans according to what you achieve in those first two steps.

5 Likes

“Long” is relative. It’s more like “moderate” wait with lines constantly moving in a standby only system. But we will take “short” lines on some/half of attractions and “longer” slow-moving lines on the rest of them with a “cut-in-line” ride reservation system.

2 Likes

Maybe. It might be ok. It just gives me the feeling that I’ll be paying more for a lesser experience. I would be happy to be proved wrong, and find out that it vastly improves my holiday without costing me more.

3 Likes

There are lots of disadvantages, don’t get me wrong.

For a start, once a ride closes it’s standby line you won’t be able to just walk up and join it. You’ll need to get a Return time just to get into the line.

They need plenty of attractions without that system for it to work. Otherwise people will be milling around waiting for a return time.

It forces everyone to either use a phone or a kiosk in the parks.

And to think, all the feedback showed people wanted less advance planning. So now we may have a system where we have to plan all day, every day when in the parks. Personally I’d rather do it in advance.

5 Likes

Did DLP have any virtual queues?

I can’t imagine WDW gets this exact same system that is being instituted in Paris. They are very different parks. I’ll be shocked if there isn’t some sort of FP bundle for guests who stay for 5-10 day trips. But who knows. I just hope whatever happens soon.

1 Like

WDW is pretty unique in all the Disney-verse because of the massive amount of on-site accommodations, where they are expecting people to stay for multiple days on their property as much as possible.

As such, I agree with you…it seems like a system for WDW will not mirror exactly what the other Disney parks are doing. They are likely to offer some incentive for on-site guests by comparison.

3 Likes

Only since reopening. They used this standby return to stop lines snaking round the park.

DLP and Shanghai already have different features on what is the same system.
There will be some changes for sure. But I expect the Premier Access and Standby Return to be used.

I have been thinking something along these lines, but the impact (and new way of planning) varies from park to park. So I might be able to make AK work with no purchases and a good touring plan, butb I am going to spend a bundle at HS because all lines are long at HS. MK could still be the most spontaneous day if you are like my family with many “want to do” but few “must dos” so we would play it by ear.

It all.comes down (to me) on how fast the stand by lines move with a reduced “front of the line” capacity and how many virtual queues you can hold, and how quickly most rides hit “virtual queue” status.

1 Like

You can only have one standby return pass at a time, unless they change that.

It HAS to be this way…otherwise you are getting line line (potentially) behind someone who is two rides ahead of you. This would make a standby return pass very problematic and cause more problems than it solves.

Being able to hold ONE at a time basically means you still wait the same as you would in standby, only part of your waiting time is done outside the queue where you can relax, eat, shop, use the restroom, etc.

5 Likes

But can you have a standby pass and a FP at the same time?
Or will we all just meet at the HOP waiting for things that we actually want to see?

2 Likes

Yes, as far as I know.

@melcort10 is going to be busy when she comes back and we plague her with questions!

But again, we don’t know what features the WDW system will have.

3 Likes

Hahaha I’m very happy to be the guinea pig! I am THRILLED to be able to go at all, honestly. (And I fear we are not 100% out of the woods yet…) I am staying onsite so I do believe that I will at least have 1 hour of extra magic time at Disneyland Park before Premier Access or Standby Passes go into effect.

I have so far stumped most of the Facebook groups - but I’m curious what they do with Rider Swap! I used to only need 1 Fastpass to get both parents in the FP+ line. So I’m naively hoping that perhaps I can just pay the 8 Euros and get both of us into the height restricted rides?

4 Likes

Yes looking forward to hearing about your DLP adventures.

Once we finally get ourselves to WDW and back, I’m sure DW will be looking for a trip somewhere else… Bonjour DLP!!

1 Like

Reading through these, not sure everyone understands how Premiere Access will work at DLP. As reported by All Ears, they are going to charge between 8 and 15 euros PER PERSON PER RIDE! The price would be based on the ride and how crowded the park is, and how long the lines are.

4 Likes

You’ve reminded me to practice my French! Merci!

1 Like

this is how DAS works

1 Like