Pre trip trip report

Long drive but we made it. The only real problem was SC. It was raining and I was getting hungry and sleepy to I pulled off 95 to get some breakfast and I’m guessing while we eat a twister ran through. When we got back on 95 trees were down everywhere. One fell and blocked a on ramp and them a few miles later dead stop. Luckily we were stopped by an exit and GPS took us around the back roads. We saw barns knocked down and motor homes with the doors ripped off. When we got back on 95 there was no traffic everyone was still stopped by what ever stopped them.
The trip took us about 2 hours longer then we planed but we got here safe. DW’s grandmother made her favorite dinner and now off to bed. Good night.

11 Likes

Scary! I’m glad you arrived safely.

2 Likes

Glad you made it safely. It sounds like it was a good thing you stopped for breakfast, or you may have driven right into whatever storm caused all that destruction!

5 Likes

I am glad you missed it!

2 Likes

@terp05, @missoverexcited, @PrincipalTinker Me too.

4 Likes

Wow! Scary drive through that!

2 Likes

That is so scary. I’m glad you stopped for breakfast and are safe!

3 Likes

Big day today my niece is coming to see me. She works for theme works, They are the company that does art work and modeling for Disney and other parks. I get to ask her what she did for SWGE. Her boyfriend was in DL helping with the final assembly. They can talk about it now that it has opened. Also DW’s family are coming in today for the services on Monday.
I made 3 pans of baked zitti 1 pan of meatballs and 1 pan of sausage to feed everyone to day. I hope it is enough.

8 Likes

What a great job!

1 Like

Glad you made it safely–that sounds scary.

1 Like

I driven through some scary stuff, but nothing like that! So glad you made it safely and that you pulled over when you did.

1 Like

Glad you made it safely. I think I remember you saying how sweet DWGM is. How nice of you to cook as well. Let us know any cool secrets about SWGE ok?

1 Like

My niece was her and has gone back home. Her boy friend owns rental properties and with all the rain today was the only dry day he was able to get there to paint. :cry: He also works FT for Theme Works I asked what they did for Star Wars and was told she painted Ronto Roaster and he helped assemble it. She also did a lot of work on Sesame Street for Sea world.

2 Likes

Holy BLEEP were there a lot of people today in and out of the house and there are more coming. Me, DW, mother in-law, grandmother in-law (aka Nanny) DW’s Aunt and Uncle (who spent the night) DW’s 2 Uncles and 1 girlfriend and her 2 grandchildren, 2 cousins, and DW’s niece and daughter (her son and husband will be here later, DW’s brother and his new girlfriend. He did not stay long enough to get drunk and was nice and friendly (you would be friendly too if you lost 150lbs dead weight from around your neck (aka the x-wife)
Then we have DW’s grandfathers sisters and their family’s coming over soon. I don’t know how many people that makes I stopped counting. I have also decided to hide in the bedroom and talk to my other family (aka all you nice folks)
I’m really supposed to be taking a nap so :shushing_face: and good night :sleeping::sleeping:

8 Likes

Glad you could come here to escape–I mean nap.

3 Likes

:shushing_face::shushing_face::sleeping::sleeping:

3 Likes

Joe, this so reminds me of my husband. My family thinks he is so helpful because at functions he always takes the kids in and gives them their naps. Really he is just escaping…

1 Like

Wow color me impressed. Everything went ok no fights or arguments. Way too much food they ordered too much and I cooked too much. Well no one will be cooking for the next few days.

8 Likes

Yeah! I am glad for your DW and Nanny!

2 Likes

Such great news!

2 Likes