Practicing for VQs?

Hi all -

I am clueless over here in UOR land.

Which attractions have VQs and is it possible to practice getting into one if you’re not actually there or holding a ticket (much in the same way as we practice for ROTR BG from home)?

Also, what times of day would one practice for these things, or - in real life - attempt to join?

5 Likes

The UOR app doesn’t allow you to book a VLP unless you are on property. They actually use location information on your phone, unlike Disney. So, you can’t really practice.

5 Likes

Thanks.
Is there a guide somewhere around these parts for doing it, or is it pretty intuitive? I will NOT be there to help but would like to give my family the info they need.

1 Like

I want to know about this too, I suspect we will be activating our APs there soon :wink:

3 Likes

They haven’t really been using it much lately, but when Hagrids was virtual only they dropped the times at 15 minutes before park opening, and then at like 11:45, 1:45…something like that. It’s good to check at 15 minutes before the hour for more drops.

1 Like

A good one to get an example on is Jimmy Fallon, since it always has a VQ available.

Just go to the list of rides and tap on Jimmy Fallon. You will see a “Virtual Line Pass” option. If it is currently available, there will be an option to “Reserve”. Tap it and you’ll be able to complete the process in person, but not for practice. For practice, you’ll just get a warning that you aren’t in the the park.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Cool, very helpful, thanks!

Okay.

Can you be in more than one VQ at a time?

Aww you’re the best. I will send this to my husband

2 Likes

They are way more flexible than Boarding Groups, you don’t need to practice.

3 Likes

I read your article, including the follow up comments, and I still find this confusing;

Can I Use Virtual Line and Express Pass?

Virtual Line is for regular queuing only. Virtual Line passes are not required for Express Pass entry to an attraction and Express Passes do not speed up a Virtual Line return time.

So if you have an Express Pass, you can just skip the Virtual Line completely? Then what would the Virtual Line return time matter? Or is that in reference to Virtual Lines that don’t have Express Pass (Hagrid’s)?

1 Like

If an attraction is using Virtual Line it replace the standard queue, so Express Pass is separate.

1 Like

But, if the ride has both a Virtual Line and an Express Pass, and you have an express pass, then you don’t need a Virtual Line. For example, sometimes the Mummy will go Virtual. But, it also has Express. If you have an express line, you just walk up whenever and show them your express pass. Express Pass trumps Virtual. But, remember, Hagrid’s doesn’t take the express pass.

4 Likes

So is this accurate and perhaps clearer?

Can I Use Virtual Line and Express Pass?

For attractions that allow Express Pass entry, you do not need to join the Virtual Line, just use the Express Pass entrance. For attractions that do not allow Express Pass, the Express Pass does not gain you any advantage in the Virtual Line process.

2 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes

Glad to see you researching UOR :grin:

Are you still planning to skip UOR the day your family visits there?

Of course I am. I have zero interest in leaving the bubble. I will be at AK, spending some time at Nomad, and have a bit of a date scheduled with a talking black and white cat whose birthday is the day before my own :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes