Practically Perfect in....Most Ways! The Overexcited Family Trip a Little Light Fantastic August 2019

aww poor thing :disappointed_relieved: this is my fear also… we have alot of food lined up, can definitely see this happening

5 Likes

You are more sympathetic than I was :joy: I forgot to mention that before we went to MK, he ate 2 pop tarts because he said he was starving, having had to share a meal at lunch! He brought it on himself!

7 Likes

Another great installment! I’ve always wanted to try the Plaza, and the boat to DS looks lovely. Glad your determination paid off and you found your Ariel ears!

3 Likes

I definitely recommend the Plaza!

5 Likes

Pool morning - 4th August

I’d made this a late start day for 2 reasons, neither of them dealbreakers but together it seemed to make sense. Firstly, I knew we’d get up about 4.30, 5 at the latest on the first morning, and if we stayed for the Kiss Goodnight we wouldn’t get back until about midnight - a very long day, and a hectic one with 2 parks and Disney Springs. Secondly, I really struggled to get FPs for this day. There were no Slinky Dog FPs available even though The Dibb showed that there were and I tried for that first. And there was nothing else I wanted available for the morning.

We started with breakfast at the Sassagoula Floatworks. On our last trip, it was being refurbed so there was a temporary food court. I was surprised how huge it was, and how cold :joy: It was always freezing!! I love the Mardi Gras beads hanging from the ceiling.

Of course I had to have beignets! I have missed them! They weren’t Mickey shaped last time, and I think these are bigger - I couldn’t eat 3, and I had no problem eating 3 of the old ones :joy:

Afterwards we put our swimming costumes on and got in the pool.

We had a really fun time, Joe and I went on the slide and he kept dunking me. The pool was fairly empty which was nice.

It was a gorgeous morning!

25 Likes

I heard a rumor that this is a big hassle :wink:

3 Likes

No hassle at all, unless you’re a big drama queen :joy:

15 Likes

Loving the report, keep it coming!

1 Like

Wow! You got a lot done! Sorry Joe got sick at the end, but before you could see the Kiss Good Night. Great ears! How does the walk to the bus compare to Building 4? I do love the boat ride to DS. I think we went four times. :grin: Thanks for all the photos!!

4 Likes

Poor guy!

2 Likes

I enjoyed your pics on Instagram, but it’s nice to read about all you did. Enjoying your report thoroughly!

5 Likes

It was really annoying, it was about 8.30 so we missed HEA too which we’d never seen. The walk was about 30 seconds from the elevator in building 4 - we walked past it to the road, and then straight into building 6.

The blue dots in the buildings are our last room and our room this trip. As you can see, it was hardly any further.

5 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

We have stayed at POR a couple times and we always take the boat to DS. I really enjoy it, as it adds a “relaxing” component to my otherwise crazy, whirlwind vacation.

5 Likes

We had DH in an ECV last time, and just before we went I read that sometimes you can wait ages for another boat if there are more ahead of you. With buses, if they can’t load you then they immediately send another. So we didn’t risk it.

5 Likes

Pretty cool. Just a few extra steps for a river view.

3 Likes

I didn’t realise how close building 6 was!

2 Likes

Mum and dad is a good way to go.

2 Likes

Sounds like a great trip, looking forward to reading about the rest of it.

4 Likes

It’s Joe’s birthday tomorrow, but of course he still has to wrestle :roll_eyes: so I might get chance to write more in the evening while he’s out.

7 Likes