PPC (post park close) dining reservation and Harmonious

I am planning a trip! It is a short trip. DH and I are driving down 8 hours to get there and leaving behind our two littles with my MIL. I’ve never planned a trip like this before. We only have an evening and two full days in the parks, and we are both committed to rope drop to close, and beyond. I’m trying to plan for the “beyond” portion by making dining reservations that will leave us in the parks beyond park close which leads me to HS. Park hours for the day we go shows 9-9, but I can get a reservation at Oga’s as late as 9:50. Does anyone know what’s up with that? Should I stick with a 9:00 rezzie? Is PPC an acceptable acronym? Anyone else miss PPO reservations? Actually, can I do a PPO reservation during early entry? Don’t answer that, I’m off to check myself

Also, what’s the consensus on Harmonious? Is there a good place to watch while dining, or is better to stake a standing spot

3 Likes

We loved our view of Harmonious from La Hacienda de San Angel … and the food was delicious!!

I am making a solo trip in January and plan on watching from Japan.

2 Likes

Keep the 9:50 at Ogas! I would kill for that right now!

@TheSafetyLady posed some great pics from La Hacienda for Harmonious. I have heard the tables at Spice Road Table (where you can do a fireworks dining pkg) are not great. Rose & Crown (also fireworks dining pgk) is probably good, but I am not in love with the menu.

For my part we are just going to snag a spot around WS

3 Likes

Beautiful! Thank you for the photo!

1 Like

Thank you! We have park hoppers and will probably be in Epcot earlier- I assume I would need to be in HS by the 9:00 listed closing time?

I guess my other fear is that they close at 10:00 and they’ll turn on all the lights and totally ruin the mood. But… it’s Disney and that fear is completely unfounded

1 Like

I would, just to be safe.

It is. Your reservation gets you 45 mins in the cantina.

1 Like

Keep the 9:50 Oga’s!! That is an amazing time. I’ve done two late Oga’s reservations like that and it was great. We were the very last group out of Oga’s and the last guests out of HS for the day. It was perfect.

3 Likes

Be careful though. I think I saw people fall asleep on the Skyliner that time…

1 Like

That was just @Shanneepantslovesdisney. She wakes up at 4 am full of energy so by 11 pm she’s ready for bed.

1 Like

This is sooooo true!!!

I was up on my own at 4:30 today.

4 Likes

:astonished: I can’t even imagine.

I would rather not be awake

1 Like

What if you were at Disney? That’s the only time I don’t mind being awake early.

3 Likes

That goes without saying!!!

1 Like

I woke up on my own at 9am…actually, no I didn’t, I woke up thanks to an alarm…otherwise would have slept until 10 probably. :rofl: Tomorrow I have to get up at 5:30 for work, it is going to kill me! I haven’t been awake before 8:30am for almost 2 weeks!

1 Like

My natural wake/sleep rhythms are much better suited to a second shifter. Or maybe someone that does 11a-7p

2 Likes

Day shift hours are crazy hard for me. Sometimes they call at night to see if I want to come in early for my shift, at 3am (and work 16 hours- no thank you). I can’t get enough sleep going in at 7, 3 would never happen. Night shift hours were tough too, I was good until 3, but the 3-7am part was awful. I’d really like to work 11a-3p and get paid for a 12 hour shift. :rofl:

4 Likes

I like your thinking :laughing:

Right now, depending on where you are and what they are offering for incentive, you just might be able to come to think of it.

They are paying time+half+$50/hr at my hospital right now

2 Likes

We aren’t having staffing issues on my unit lately (thankfully), and have been easily able to hire to fill in vacated positions for once. Everyone wants to escape their covid filled units for L&D is my thought on that. Anyway, we do have surge shifts that pay really well…but you have to go wherever they want you in the hospital and no amount of money is worth that to me.

Maybe you would like a return to the hospital? That sounds like a lot of extra Disney trips for you!

1 Like

Same. The way I see it, they weren’t offering that kind of money when I left the floor and I didn’t care for the conditions then. It certainly isn’t better. I’ll stay home, thanks :wink:

Absolutely not. I enjoy going home at the end of every day, having dinner with my family, having my nights/weekends/holidays free. I enjoy this work/life balance much more. I would go back to the floor if I had no other choice, but it’s not a choice I would otherwise make.

2 Likes