POURING RAIN help!

I saw people doing this that day and so wished I had thought of it!!

Were you at Pecos Bills? It might have been us! Some members of our group weren’t keen on the idea that morning, but they quickly changed their minds partway through the day. Fresh socks all around!

1 Like

Whenever we packed the lightweight raincoats for all 7 of us, we’d use one of those space-saver-to-go vacuum bags in the morning. 7 raincoats compress down into a pretty small space and on the days when we didn’t need them, it was nice to not have to dig through them to get to everything else. (We also use them when we pack).

No, we weren’t. It’s smart idea that I need to remember. I have to wear tennis shoes–I can’t find comfortable sandals. But tennis shoes suck to wear in the rain. My feet were wet and cold that whole day. Yuck.

That is a great idea. I actually vacuum-sealed a super fluffy baby blanket down to nearly nothing with a Foodsaver vacuum machine, for a trip to Europe. (We have a Foodsaver machine not for food, but because DH puts model rocket parts in there after epoxying them so they’re very smooth and aerodynamic… anyway…)

The things we do for our kids! But it did work really well. I never actually had to get it out of the package, thankfully. I don’t know how I’d have gotten it back home!!

We never travel with vacuum version for exactly that reason. But the hand compression ones are pretty good if you just put your full body weight on them.

2 Likes

It was a special circumstance. I agree your version is definitely more practical!

Made absolutely sure we had the waterproof ones and not the “vent” version. Thanks again!

1 Like