Posting Early Wait Times

We were in the parks at rope drop every day on our last trip and I noticed that I couldn’t post wait times until a few minutes after the “official” opening. Generally I could post a time at about 9:04AM for a 9:00AM opening when the gates actually opened at 8:50AM. We were two rides in at MK before I could post the first wait time. Not sure if it’s worth tweaking the system to account for that but just a thought.

I’ve had the same issue in the past. It has been after 9:00 and I have been unable to time my wait.

[quote=“PrincipalTinker, post:2, topic:7316, full:true”]
I’ve had the same issue in the past. It has been after 9:00 and I have been unable to time my wait.[/quote]

Same problem here. Whenever I’ve tried to submit wait times at rope drop, whenever Lines finally lets me time my wait I’ve already been in line for several minutes.

Hmm…I think we’ve heard of this before. Sorry for the inconvenience. I’ll ask one of the devs to look at it. Shouldn’t be too hard to fix.

2 Likes

OK, @david has a fix for this that should be in place by the end of the week.

2 Likes

I made a change that should have handled this around by the beginning of October 2014. Has anyone been unable to submit waits at park opening since then? (Nowadays Lines should actually allow you to submit waits up to 15 minutes before opening.)

If that’s not working now, I need to look at it further.

Thanks for the suggestion!

We were there 10/30-11/3 and had the issue. All days were the standard 9 AM opening so we didn’t get to try it on an EMH day.

Thanks. I’ll look at it further.

I’m told by @david that this may be fixed now. If someone’s going to be in the parks early over the next couple of days, try submitted a posted or actual wait time before the park’s official opening time, please.

This should be fixed (for real) now. There should no longer be an issue submitting wait times starting 10-15 minutes before a park opens.

2 Likes

Thanks for working on this. Hopefully, the group I’m traveling with next time I’m in the parks will get moving in time for rope drop so I can submit some wait times!