So we stayed for a little over a week at Champions Gate at the Reunion area. We had a 6bdr 6ba house with heated pool and spa, movie room (6 recliners), game room with 3 video game screens. 4 en-suites, one of them ground level for Grandma. LOVED the house. Also went to the clubhouse area which had lazy river/pool/slide and kids splash pad.
Some thoughts about staying offsite:
- WAAAY cheaper than staying onsite in same level of luxury. Would have cost us 16K for same stay at Contemporary. (4rooms/4ba needed). This cost under 3K. There were cheaper places avail, but without some of the highest end amenities (movie theatre room).
- I-4 travel can be variable. Generally heavier traffic ends around the Champions Gate area merge and on good day 25min from starting engine to parking/stopping engine. Bad day took us 45min to get home. There are back roads, use them well.
- If you need a scooter, only K+M will deliver here. Was happy with their service.
- Ultimately, while we could prepare our own meals in a fully stocked kitchen, we were generally tired from the parks and “on vacation” so didn’t want to.
- There is a great Publix, Walgreens, and some good places to eat nearby.
- Valet parking at Contemporary is your friend. We found out we could do this first day (Chef Mickey) and then when we had a mid day break/return to our house, you can re-valet park no charge (just tip). We did this for a return HEA Dessert Party. Also chose to valet there on our 2nd MK day (we had EMM that am) and avoid the TTC mess as we were running a little late…great plan!
- The drive turned about to be the same time as busses take for a return for mid-afternoon break. Unless you get caught in traffic. Again, see #2 about the back roads. Especially for AK, since it’s such a straight shot.
- Although we did miss the 60d FPP, we did not end up missing the EMH, and instead chose parks that didn’t have them that day with success. Was not able to get FPPs for FOP and SDMT. Ended up RD FOP (worked well) and then did EMM for SDMT, in which we enjoyed the empty park anyway.
Since no one had any information when I asked my questions before the trip, I would be happy to answer anyone else considering staying here. Highly recommend.