Post M18

11 Likes

Reading about your plans makes me happy.

4 Likes

That sound very logical and thought-out.

2 Likes

I’m currently wrestling with the detail of my Epcot day.

The two options are:

Future World (Spaceship Earth, Soarin’, Test Track) — big World Showcase tour — Monsieur Paul — IllumiNations

or

Drastically cut down World Showcase in order to return to Yacht Club, to check out my room and have some pool time at Stormalong Bay. Really make the most of my YC dollars!

I’m planning on walking round WS after IllumiNations from Mexico to France anyway, so that nudges me towards the second plan.

Plus, there’s always next year . . .

1 Like

I would vote storm-along bay!!! That looks incredible!

2 Likes

:open_mouth: I almost can’t go on reading. Please tell me you did NOT cancel brunch at CG!!! OMG should I keep reading??? Past tense has me stressing out massively!

I have just died. Oh my oh my oh my. I have died. I cannot believe this has happened! We could have HELPED YOU!!!

No, it’s not. Waaaaaaaaay more value in the CG brunch. Oh I am so sad. So so so so sad. You realize that CG brunch is my very favorite meal on property?! Aaaaaaaaaaah (Oh, sorry - I forgot that I’m dead and dead things don’t speak. I’ll hush).

Well finally some good news in this update. Hooray! :smiley:

1 Like

This. Unless you think you’ll stay at YC again, you should enjoy some time there. WS doesn’t change much.

3 Likes

I always had mixed feelings about it, to be honest. I’m not a big drinker, and certainly not at that time of day, so the endless mimosas held little interest for me. The food looked OK, but I wasn’t wildly excited about it. There’s the view of course, but I might do a sneaky drink in the lounge at some point during my newly appointed MK day.

Ultimately, it just didn’t fit into my schedule. It didn’t make sense for me to go massively out of my way.

Well, I have five nights at BC next year, so there’ll be Stormalong Bay opportunities then, too.

I think I’ve settled on YC — Les Halles — Future World — YC/Stormalong — Monsieur Paul — UK/Canada — IllumiNations — FEA — Morocco to France — Boardwalk — YC.

This gets the most value from the hotel stay, and a nice nighttime stroll around WS. I’ll certainly be doing WS again next year thanks to being at BC.

2 Likes

But what of the charcuterie, sushi, pastas, salads on the appetizer buffet? What of the butter-poached lobster tail eggs benedict? What of the cute and delicious little desserts on the platter after your meal?!

Well okay. I’ll give you that.

Oh good! We still get Monsieur Paul even if we Stormalong?! Forge ahead!

One of the best EP activities - perhaps WDW activities - ever. Enjoy!

(See that, I’ve nearly forgotten how heartbroken I am about the CG thing. Nearly.)

2 Likes

I like this plan!

1 Like

And don’t forget I’m also doing: V&A, Tiffins, Jiko, Artist Point and HBD!

2 Likes

2 Likes

When you report on your trip, please, please, please review this one as I’m not completely sure I want to go here…

1 Like

I would love to hear about it too! It’s on my short list of "want to try"s

1 Like

Oh! I have been to Artist a Point and we are returning on my next trip ( my first at Copper Creek).

1 Like

I’ll be writing a full trip report, don’t worry!

2 Likes

I think a brunch buffet alone sounds less enjoyable than park time alone. It’s a very personal preference though. I love fancy, leisurely meals with friends or family, but have a really hard time with the same meals alone. It’s probably just me.

2 Likes

I’m fine with that, personally.

But — shh! don’t tell @OBNurseNH — I wasn’t all that excited about the food on offer. In the end I didn’t think it was worth the hassle.

3 Likes

I’ll try not to spill the beans… :wink:

1 Like

Just the appetizers are in buffet. The meals are plated.

1 Like