Possible resort change - looking for advice

With a tropical cyclone now approaching this weekend I’m thinking of alternatives to CBR as I’m not sure that is where I want to spend a rainy day…no access to food without going out into the elements. With options of BRV, BWV or CR garden wing…what would anyone recommend? Ideally looking for indoor access to food and a great pool since we would cancel the GF cabana to help recoup the extra cost. Has to offer studios that sleep five. Thanks!

If you’re looking to not have to go out in the elements, the only choice of these seems to be CR - though is the garden wing physically connected to the tower?

My impression is CR has an outdoor walkway too but can’t say for sure. Does anyone know if the walkways are covered at BRV or CR? And can you get to food from inside at BWV or do you have to go out to the boardwalk area?

There is a covered walkway at BRV going to the WL. But it’s still outdoors

1 Like

There is coverage from the garden wing at CR to the main building from what I recall.

2 Likes

Here is a video of CR Tower to Garden Wing. Yes you can get coverage.

1 Like

I would pick whichever ones food and amenities look the best, if they all are just a covered walkway. Reading the trip resorts, sounds like really enjoying your resort is so important now with park hours.

2 Likes

BRV - it’s been awhile since we were here. Walkway to WL seemed short (unless it’s been remodeled?). Really blowing precip would dampen but I recall it as being nicely shaded from the sun.

1 Like

BWV has no hot food indoors… you have to walk out onto the Boardwalk. That’s the 1 thing I don’t love about BWV. Otherwise it’s my favorite. Of your other options I personally would choose CR…

1. There’s no balcony, so if there’s a big storm you won’t have to worry about the furniture needing to be moved in, or water coming under the balcony door.
  2. The walk under cover is much shorter than BRV… tropical storm rain goes sideways
  3. The quick service area is much larger at CR
  4. The walk to MK is a better option than transportation

This is assuming you’re looking at studios in the villas. If you can swing a 1 bedroom then I would go with BWV, because of the full kitchen and more space if you’re stuck inside. You’ll never starve if you can make your own food.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for all of your great points. Yesterday I moved us to BRV. Having a microwave at least will be nice as we can warm up leftovers if needed and can make popcorn for a rainy movie day. Also, when we trick-or-treated at WL last Halloween DD7 got a good look at the pool and was so jealous. So she will be thrilled! I’m at CR Garden Wing for part 2 so I’ll actually get to try out both of these! Was going to splurge for a tower room, but after hearing about the elevator situation I switched back to Garden Wing. In the BRV studio, is the fridge just a small fridge like in resort rooms, or is there a freezer also?

I also shifted around 3 of our 4 park days yesterday to try to minimize impact of the storm on our plans/most important parks. So much for those ideal ADRs! But I’m confident we will get some last minute replacements. At least I don’t have to worry about losing FPP. So at one day to go we are still doing this…in a pandemic and with a tropical storm on the way! Part of me finds this unbelievable but still so looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Just a fridge.

1 Like

Thank you! Picture is worth 1000 words!!

1 Like

Am I the only one wondering why one would keep a book in the fridge?

1 Like

Maybe it was hot off the presses and they didn’t pack oven mitts?

1 Like

That’s a cool idea. (Ba da bum)

1 Like

You’re both grounded!

1 Like

It’s EasyWDW’s book and they use that in most of their pictures for scale!

I’d argue for scale, but the Coke cans likely do a better job at that so…It must be the hot off the presses theory…

1 Like

Heart

I don’t know about that. I don’t go on a vacay to cook, that’s for sure! :smile:

But yes, I would second getting a 1BDR BWV for the space alone, if not the kitchen. Being cooped up is not fun, it’s worse in a small space.

1 Like