Poss moving to Tampa area

No one likes sink holes! They are sneaky bastards.

Thanks Seebee- I am feeling that 30 mins might be too tight. I have noticed things south of tampa on Tampa Bay about 40 mins that have dockage and SF homesā€¦so a possibility. Hopefully we will be flying in soon and I can drive by and maybe even interview some agents.(I worked in Real Estate for 10 years and mortgage for 5)

I love Dunedin from when my grandmother used to live in Bellaire Beach, but that was the 80ā€™s and I am sure things have changed. I would love it but I am afraid it is more like 50-60 mins to Tampa??? Budget is high due to not having to pay 13K in property taxes(like I do now) so I was surprised what my $$$ a month could cover.

Thanksā€¦town I grew up in had a law number of bedrooms +1 was max number of cars you were allowed parked on your property. It was called an anti-grouper law so that houses could not be rented out fractionally 2 people per bedroomā€¦ticket able also

1 Like

We are a family of 5 with 5 vehicles. Our 3 kids (23, 22 & 20) are coming with us so that would be a big issue for us. We need to have room for all of us to park. :grimacing:

1 Like

Sounds similar to what we want. I hope you find what you are looking for! :blush:

1 Like

I wanted to give an update- My DH did 3 rounds of interviews but just after 3rd interview he received an unexpected huge promotion at his current employer and had to notify his fl interviewer. We knew he would immediately been pulled as a possible candidate as it would make the position and salary out of reach, even though I think he might have accepted the FL job at lower pay if it was offered as we both wanted to go. So looks like we are stuck here -its ok as long as heā€™s happy with the job. I do think a 2nd home will be in the works in the next yr or two, but I feel it will be in the Keys somewhere.

3 Likes

Good luck to you- I am hoping you are on your way by now

Actually listing end of next week. Still havenā€™t decided exactly where in Florida we are moving to. Once we have a buyer we will work with an agent in Florida to secure us a rental for a year. Home prices in Florida are through the roof. We are hoping prices will come down in a year and by then we should know exactly where we want to be. Iā€™m happy for your husband. With that promotion I think a vacation home in Florida would be a great investment!

1 Like

It was a VERY big promotion to a 3 letter title. I never thought he would get, but someone got the ax and he was asked to take over immediately. Never applied, and this title was not something he wanted, he was happy at his old title

3 Likes

Keys, add 200k to Tampa.

1 Like

My Dh would move mountains to make that happen and we are at the stage where our major expenses are done- looking down the road now. I think in Marathon he might be willing to take something where he can launch the boat seasonally