Portable seats permissible

We have ultra light small portable camp seats that compact to the size of a small umbrella. Are these permitted in back packs? Want to use them in waiting lines to preserve the stamina of my wife.

Not generally. Have you considered getting a DAS pass for her?

What about something like a Crazy Creek chair?

Mostly for staking out a parade spot or fireworks spot.

I thought that I read that they would not give a DAS for mobility issues that you needed to get a ECV or Wheelchair. Because I can walk but not more then 5 min at a time I can’t stand for more then that too. Not to mention my kidney issues and PTSD. Yes I know I’m a mess.

Getting back to the question which is a good one because I remember many many many years ago when those portable chairs were all the rage people used them to watch Illuminations in Epcot. Now I watch u-tube and don’t see any.

Possible, but worth asking about. The chair thingie is very unlikely to make it past security screening, and if it does, OP’s wife would likely be asked to surrender it if she did use it.

You might want to think about a wheelchair or ECV. You can rent them for as little as $25 a day from outside vendors.

2 Likes

From the Disney website. Portable chairs not allowed

A.
You may not bring the following types of items into the theme parks:

Wagons
Skateboards
Scooters
Drones
Remote control toys
Inline skates
Shoes with built-in wheels
Strollers larger than 36" x 52" (92 x 132 cm)
Suitcases, coolers or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" (61 cm) long x 15" (38 cm) wide x 18" (46 cm) high. Coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations.
Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair or stroller
Wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels and devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied. Training wheels or similar modifications are not permitted.
Alcoholic beverages
Weapons of any kind or object that appear to be weapons (toy guns, toy blasters, squirt guns, etc.)
Folding chairs
Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
Pets (unless they are service animals, defined as any dog or miniature horse trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability)
Balloons and straws are not permitted in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park for the safety of our animals
Tripod stands or monopod stands that cannot fit inside a standard backpack
Wrapped gifts (all gifts must be able to be unwrapped for inspection)
Selfie sticks (hand-held extension poles for cameras and mobile devices)
Additional items may also not be permitted inside the theme parks. Please use your best judgment and do not bring anything that may be potentially harmful or disruptive.

1 Like

You’re right, they won’t give DAS for mobility issues.

Well thank goodness I can bring my perfume bottles!

They are not allowed and if they get past security you would very likely get the taken away if you used them in the park.

Great input! No chair.