POR-Riverside & dogs

I DID separate ‘service animals’ from ‘dogs as pets’ in my first post in this same thread. BEFORE you go off on your rants, please read the entire thread. You are misinformed regarding ADA guidelines and service animals- and you cannot possibly know what other dog owners do- or do not do. PPs have taken the initiative to educate you on ADA guidelines so that I don’t have to.

I know this policy inside out, upside down, backwards and forwards because it affects my HEALTH. As to the ADA guidelines- we used to promote events using various schools throughout the state as venues. Animals- other than service animals- are NOT permitted on school property in the state in which we were operating. In addition to posting signage at the admissions desk, our employees were required (if they wanted to keep their jobs) to ask the 2 questions in OBNurseNH’s post above. Anyone that said no to the first- or was unable to answer the second- was turned away. One has to wonder why schools have this policy in the first place. Given all the sightings of dogs in the parks, restaurants, etc- it brings up the perfectly legitimate concern that Disney may not be policing the situation in the way we did at our events.

As to a ‘pet dog’ mauling a kid- still feel it is highly possible, and will happen sooner rather than later. You cannot take an untrained ‘non service dog’, put it into an overstimulating environment- and expect it to behave as it would at home. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what could happen. In the end, time will tell who is more accurate on this subject.

You are very passionate about this subject and I imagine the fear of a reaction in a place you once thought was safe could be very scary. That being said I have re-read what @Traveler1 posted and I do not think it was a personal attack on you. Did you intend your post to be a personal attack on @Traveler1?

1 Like

I did not- and have edited post to read more ‘neutrally’.

1 Like

I did not think so!

My brother in law and family just got back from WDW a week ago and according to him there were dogs at the resorts and also in the parks and not just service dogs either. He said they seem to be all over the place including some restaurants as well. I guess with the Do Not Ask Policy they basically have the run of the place. For some pet owner they will be overjoyed. For people like me, I am not overjoyed to put up with someone else’s pet. At least I don’t have an allergy, for those people that do they are in for a big surprise. An policing the policy. Forget it! Sounded to me like the CM"s just turn their heads the other way when it comes to pets in the parks and restaurants. I will be there in March and I plan to photograph every instance of an animal being where Disney states they won’t be.